Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Shaving mishaps
Shaving mishaps
While rare, if I'm in a hurry I occasionally cut/scrape my chin while shaving. I did that yesterday, for the first time in many moons, and also the first time since using a new (2 week old) full face mask. Wow. If the cut/scrape falls beneath the seal of the mask, you have issues! What do you non-bearded gentlemen do in a similar situation, and precisely what bandage, salve, prayer, etc. do you use?
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shaving mishaps
Sorry, I trim and don't shave. Sounds like a painful problem. Hope you get some answers.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 10:45 AM)JumpStart Wrote: While rare, if I'm in a hurry I occasionally cut/scrape my chin while shaving. I did that yesterday, for the first time in many moons, and also the first time since using a new (2 week old) full face mask. Wow. If the cut/scrape falls beneath the seal of the mask, you have issues! What do you non-bearded gentlemen do in a similar situation, and precisely what bandage, salve, prayer, etc. do you use?

I use a Braun electric to shave. Have not had a nick or cut in years.
So-what happens when the cut/scrape is under the masK? Bleeding, Pain... ???
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 01:55 PM)pssnn Wrote: So-what happens when the cut/scrape is under the masK? Bleeding, Pain... ???

Not pain, exactly, more like what the medical community calls "some discomfort". It is, however, sufficient to keep you from falling asleep. If you add a band-aid, air leaks BENEATH the part having the gauze, I think, but definitely somewhere. Ended up using my mask for less than 1 1/2 hours as it created a larger and more uncomfortable cut. Really aggravating! Tonight I will try just tape, although I don't expect removing it the next morning to be very pleasant.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you put a little bit of a creme or ointment on the cut, it will keep the tape from sticking to the cut.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 03:23 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you put a little bit of a creme or ointment on the cut, it will keep the tape from sticking to the cut.

Used wide tape, and applied the ointment using a q-tip, to avoid creating a large non-sticking surface. Worked like a charm. Good idea, Paula.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2012, 09:42 AM)JumpStart Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 03:23 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you put a little bit of a creme or ointment on the cut, it will keep the tape from sticking to the cut.

Used wide tape, and applied the ointment using a q-tip, to avoid creating a large non-sticking surface. Worked like a charm. Good idea, Paula.
It shows you it take a woman to fix man problems Too-funnyDielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2012, 01:32 PM)zonk Wrote: It shows you it take a woman to fix man problems Too-funnyDielaughing

zonk, I am sure you mean well, but Vomit On the other hand, you may be right! :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
Ha. No, I am just notorious for skin wounds.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 10:45 AM)JumpStart Wrote: While rare, if I'm in a hurry I occasionally cut/scrape my chin while shaving.

Try New Skin?

Quote:What do you non-bearded gentlemen do in a similar situation, and precisely what bandage, salve, prayer, etc. do you use?

Norelco electric razor. Works great and never cuts!

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.