Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

RE: Shaving
Haha...

[Image: shave1.jpeg]

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
01-12-2016 11:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

Many years ago I started out with a Gillette Trac-2. I used to get free blades and razors and was part of a product test group. I had a friend who worked for Gillette and got me into the program. I currently use a razor from Harry's and their blade program. I get 8 blades for $15 delivered and they have an automatic refill program. I still use a brush and cup soap. I get my cup soap from a place in Vermont. Usually shave every other day depending on my schedule.

Homer
01-12-2016 02:01 PM
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Vermont Country Store? I visited that place a couple of times when I lived there.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
01-12-2016 03:13 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
eseedhouse Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

The drug store just down the hill from my house sells ten store branded double bladed razors for about six bucks Canadian. They work just as well for me as the fifteen blade fifty dollar wonder machines.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
01-12-2016 07:25 PM
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

(01-12-2016 03:13 PM)AlanE Wrote:  Vermont Country Store? I visited that place a couple of times when I lived there.

That's the one. They have shaving soap in a 3 pack which is quite good and doesn't dry my skin. The Old Spice mug they fit in is about 40 years old. I have a small can of Foamy in my travel kit which doesn't get used that much.

I wish I could find some of the old Old Spice shaving refills. Been searching for the last couple of years and Vermont Country Store has the closest one.
01-13-2016 05:01 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
YankeesNYC Offline

Members

Machine: Fisher
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 14

Other Comments:

I have that shaver, it's the best. You can buy a hundred pack of blades for $10.
02-22-2016 10:14 PM
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Prior to retirement, I used to have to shave every other day during half the year, as my beard was not that heavy. During the other half-year I grew a full, well trimmed beard. Currently, I have not shaved -well, I have trimmed the mustache - since we returned from our Caribbean Cruise in mid-October. Not shaving is a great way to hold down the cost of razors/shavers! oldman

I will be forced to shave once the weather gets hot and my Italian heritage causes my face to get oily, resulting in senior acne. Oh-jeez
My razor of choice is the Wilkinson, Xtreme 3, sensitive.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 08:54 AM by PollCat.)
02-24-2016 08:53 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Possum Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense Autoset A10
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: (included in CPAP model)
CPAP Pressure: 8-12

Other Comments: Innovo CMS-50F+ pulse oximeter

I'm actually a big "old school" shaving enthusiast and own multiple straight razors and safety razor handles. I would say one of the best starter handles is the Edwin Jagger DE-89. This is a very mild, forgiving shaver. You can use the sharpest blades (e.g. Feather, Kai, Blue Personnas, etc.), have fairly elementary technique, and still get a great shave with a minimum of cuts.

If you're interested in something more versatile but also requires a bit more technique, I highly recommend the Merkur Futur, as the blade gap (and thus aggressiveness) can be adjusted. You can start on the lowest setting, and as you get more skilled, you can increase the setting for a closer shave.
02-24-2016 02:11 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Hmmm... British or German? ...die deutsche Rasiermesser!

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-24-2016 04:54 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
OMyMyOHellYes Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics 560 Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Respironics System One (no heated hose)
CPAP Pressure: 08.0-15.0 cm/H2O
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

I started DE safety razor shaving about 15 years ago. I started with a Merkur, but after 7-8 years, the metal in the head started "blossoming" under the chrome. the head was made out of pot metal and then chrome plated. It was an OK shaver, but know that it may be a "disposable" after several years.

I switched over to using my grandfather's Gillette Superspeed from the late 50s/early 60s. Does great. plated brass which should not "blossom". There are a few newer stainless steel DE safety razors out there too, pricey though. I also acquired, somewhere along the way a couple of older Gillette Tech razors and a Slim Adjustable from the early 60s. Also have the red Bakelite Merkur (meh - so-so shave). The adjustable is my daily shaver right now. I find I can get a much better shave with the DE safety razors than I can the newest 38 blade wonder razors (replacement blades only $22.78 EACH!). It takes a little more time, and a couple of extra passes, but it works very well. You have to let your beard grow a few days to map the direction it grows - then a common technique is one pass with the grain, one across the grain, and one against the grain.

Several models of razors available new - and tons of blades. I hate the German Merkur blades - they chew up my face. I used Japanese Feather blades for a long time, but they are very, very sharp and will be too aggressive for many people's tastes. My fovorite blade is the Personna red box blades made in Israel. Had pretty good louck with the Russian Gillette blue and black box blades. Also some ealry luck with the Wilkinson Sword blades from Wally World.

Currently using TOBS Avocado with a Rooney badger brush and a scuttle made by Yoresh, a girl in Israel.

Shaving is a fun, relaxing part of the morning, not a dreary rush-through-it-an-get-it-over task.

OMMOHY
02-27-2016 12:14 PM