Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Nuance Pro, gel frame
Humidifier: H3i
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Shift Worker...
Not sure if it is possible but maybe someone has figured it out. I work shift (12hrs on 12hrs off, days and nights) and when I'm on my night shifts my data starts to get messy. I'm using ResScan and it looks like a day runs from 12:00pm to 11:59am. This means when I go to bed at 1000 hrs and get up at 1500 hrs the data show two sleeps both under 4 hrs, therefore my compliance rate gets dropped. Is there a setting in software to adjust the time of day the the new day starts, ie: change it from 1200 to 1700 hrs.

thx
01-16-2014 05:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: Shift Worker...
For whatever reason, I don't have that problem with sleepyhead, although, like you, I work all hours when on call. I don't know if that is an aspect of sleepyhead or an aspect of my machine, which is a Philips and organises the data differently than Resmed does.
01-16-2014 06:31 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(01-16-2014 05:49 PM)ParamedicStan Wrote:  Not sure if it is possible but maybe someone has figured it out. I work shift (12hrs on 12hrs off, days and nights) and when I'm on my night shifts my data starts to get messy. I'm using ResScan and it looks like a day runs from 12:00pm to 11:59am. This means when I go to bed at 1000 hrs and get up at 1500 hrs the data show two sleeps both under 4 hrs, therefore my compliance rate gets dropped. Is there a setting in software to adjust the time of day the the new day starts, ie: change it from 1200 to 1700 hrs.

thx

As an example: Monday you go to sleep at 10 AM and wake up at 3 PM and on Tuesday you go to sleep at 10 AM and wake up at 3 PM.

Then on Tuesday, you should show that you slept approx. 5 hours (from 12 to 3 PM on Monday and from 10 AM until 11:59 AM on Tuesday)

A new day starts at noon. Hopefully, someone can answer the part of your question about changing the time a new day starts.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 07:04 PM by me50.)
01-16-2014 07:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

I don't think you'd want to mess with time-shifting in SleepyHead, although you could do that if you wanted to. (You can basically tell SH that you live in any time zone in the world, and it has no way of knowing if you've lied.) But you'd have to keep shifting it when your shift work schedule changes. A nightmare!

As for compliance, it doesn't really matter. As long you clock more than 4 hours between two consecutive midnights.

Quote:This means when I go to bed at 1000 hrs and get up at 1500 hrs the data show two sleeps both under 4 hrs, therefore my compliance rate gets dropped.

If you were to go back to bed before 1100 hrs that night you'd clock in your 4 hours. (3 hours after midnight, followed by 1 hour prior to the next midnight).

Anyway you slice it, you have to spend 4 hours to clock 4 hours.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-16-2014 08:08 PM