Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Shopping for my first machine/mask
Shopping for my first machine/mask
I live in Israel and am new to the apnea world. I had 48 events in 1 hour.

I am hoping this corrects the brain fog and tiredness I have been experiencing for a few years.

I have a choice of 2 machines here

the Weinnman Somnobalance, which is a German machine that I really cant find anything about

and the BMC resmarr auto

Both are smart cpaps and look good.

Does anyone have any experience with either machine?

Also I need to look at some masks. I think the mask is probably a bigger issue. I will research here, but any input/advicce is greatly appreciated

regards,

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Shopping for my first machine/mask
Welcome larrygreg, the masks are a personnel thing, normally if you are a mouth breather you would go with a full face mask if you can tolerate them, if you are a nose breather try a nasal mask or nasal prongs. You may need to try a number of different types or brands until you get the right one. In my view the mask is just as important as the CPAP itself as you need something that is comfortable.
With the CPAP's try to get one that is auto adjust and data capable so you can take your treatment into your own hands.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Know nothing about those machines. But if smart machines and autos you should be good. Mask is 75 percent of the battle.

I do know you will be amazed at the difference once you start getting treated in the way you feel. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Larry, welcome to Apnea Board.

There is some discussion about the Weinmann here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Obalance-e

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 12:28 AM)larrygreg Wrote: I have a choice of 2 machines here

the Weinnman Somnobalance, which is a German machine that I really cant find anything about

and the BMC resmarr auto
First of all, why these two machines?
What happen to ResMed and Phillips Respironcis Coffee

The clinical manuals for both machines available via email http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Section three: Other Manuals
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi larrygreg,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I've heard of those machines but don't know anything about them.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you shop for masks and machines.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 12:28 AM)larrygreg Wrote: I live in Israel and am new to the apnea world...

I have a choice of 2 machines here

and the BMC resmarr auto

Hi larrygreg,

The thread on the Weinnman Somnobalance auto-CPAP model was very interesting. Maybe you can ask whether your doctor would be able to sell you the professional software needed to see the detailed data (waveforms)?

Or, maybe you can investigate whether you can get pre-authorization to buy a model online which is supported by the free SleepyHead software, and then get reimbursed (at least partially).

Recommendations on what to look for when buying a machine:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Take care and good luck!
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 702 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] I cannot keep my mask on, and I'm thinking of returning the machine. blakeh36 1 372 11-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,147 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I reduce machine noise with the P30i mask? TiredTom111 3 778 08-07-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.