Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Short-term use of Dreamstation One
Short-term use of Dreamstation One
I have a Dreamstation One that I purchased before I found out about the recall. I don't exactly know whether I have sleep-disordered breathing because I have had 2 very different home test results (one was for free on the NHS) and I don't want to spend money on another one. Would it be alright to use this Dreamstation for testing how it makes me feel for 6 months or so? Is there any research showing whether short term use is ok or not?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Short-term use of Dreamstation One
Nobody is going to be able to answer this definitively. You are absolutely taking a risk using a machine with a known carcinogen, with different levels of broken down particles, that if brought into the airstream will for fact lodge in your lungs. What is your tolerance to risk? Are you a gambler?

I guess my question is, if you don't even know for sure that you have some kind of a sleep disorder, what is the urgency here worth taking the risk. I could see if you had severe sleep apnea, and had no alternatives so it was a toss up on which was worse, but this doesn't sound like that's the case here.

Unless you have confirmed that you have a sleep disorder, at a rather moderate to high level, I wouldn't use that machine. Scratch that itch after they provide a replacement/fix.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP or not on short trip? mcman56 8 301 09-30-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  oscar cuts short my cpap hours hegel 11 298 07-15-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Atsc3
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 453 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  Wiki Update: Term: Auto Band HiTechHiTouch 3 272 03-19-2021, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My short story, starting out with a CPAP machine. darren.k 2 393 01-06-2021, 04:23 PM
Last Post: darren.k
  Long term nasal user, basic issue when trying full-face DanPrado 11 755 09-23-2020, 03:48 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  “Centrals don’t have long term health impacts like obstructive apneas” wwsleep 11 1,044 05-22-2020, 09:34 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.