Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Short tubing for ResMed Air 10 - reduced rainout?
Short tubing for ResMed Air 10 - reduced rainout?
My question is about the length of heated tube that comes with CPAP devices.
And I am curious if the change in the length of the tube has any effect on the rainout.

I am also curious to know why RedMed air 10 seems to have mostly 6 feet long tubing.
I wonder if this tubing is made smaller, wouldn't it help with the rainout.

Trying to find shorter tube for resmed 10, if anyone has recommendation, would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time reading this post.
Hope you have a rejuvenating sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Short tubing for ResMed Air 10 - reduced rainout?
I have seen different size "standard" tubing from 4 feet to 10 feet, but a 6 ft. hose is the standard size that comes with most cpaps.

I can't imagine how you would sleep with something smaller than a 6 ft hose, unless you never move during sleep.  

As far as rainout, I doubt the tube length has any bearing.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you use regular tubing (not heated), purchase a fleece type hose cover.  Also try adjusting the humidity level down.  

With a heated hose, a fleece cover works even better.  Plus you can adjust the tube setting to eliminate rainout.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are looking for a way to prevent condensation for you 6 foot CPAP tube and the mask extension on the P10, I recommend the Snuggle Skins fleece cover. They are long enough to cover from machine to mask and make for more comfortable skin contact and condensation prevention.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rain-out = No hose hanger or holder being used. 

Get a hose holder and run the hose up and then back down to your mask. Problem solved!

I also use a hose cover on mine. Keeps thing nice & quiet if the hose should bump or rub against something.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 470 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 755 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 383 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.