Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I Raise the Max on my AutoSet?
RE: Should I Raise the Max on my AutoSet?
What part of the graph should I try and capture? The bottom section scrolls and won't allow me to get it all? I was able to capture this, I can get more but have to do it in clips.
[Image: res3_zpsa3bab05b.png]
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 07:29 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: [size=medium]
...When I was at the top 12cm I often had a 11.9 reading and thought it strange that it never hit the 12 with so many 11.9's. So I raised it to 6-14cm and sure enough 13.9! I believe it may be the Resmed software, anyone else seeing this type of report with .001 below?....
I have an S9 Autoset set for 8.6-14 and see behavior like you describe all the time. Pressure goes to 13.9, often holds it for several minutes before dropping. It almost never shows 14.0 on the graph. From this behavior, I strongly suspect that 0.1cm discrepancy is an error in the control algorithm or in the report generators.

I was tempted to raise the maximum pressure setting, but decided to wait and discuss with my doctor since my AHI < 2 and my next appointment is in a couple of weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2013, 12:19 PM)JerryG Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 07:29 PM)2Tim215 Wrote:
...When I was at the top 12cm I often had a 11.9 reading and thought it strange that it never hit the 12 with so many 11.9's. So I raised it to 6-14cm and sure enough 13.9! I believe it may be the Resmed software, anyone else seeing this type of report with .001 below?....
I have an S9 Autoset set for 8.6-14 and see behavior like you describe all the time. Pressure goes to 13.9, often holds it for several minutes before dropping. It almost never shows 14.0 on the graph. From this behavior, I strongly suspect that 0.1cm discrepancy is an error in the control algorithm or in the report generators.

I was tempted to raise the maximum pressure setting, but decided to wait and discuss with my doctor since my AHI < 2 and my next appointment is in a couple of weeks.

[size=medium]Thanks Jerry, sounds like my AutoSet but mine has been doing it for quite a while at the 12.9 before I raised it to the 14cm. I think I'll just let it ride at the 6-14cm for now and see what happens or bump the 6 to 7 like Zonk suggested and give it a few months. I'm not feeling anything is critical but wanted to keep an eye on my stats.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
My max is set at 20 and most nights my machine bumps up against 20 or flat lines at 20 for a few minutes each time. On these nights the stats never show max pressure used as 20 though - always 19.9. I suspect this isn't an error; more likely a product of some calculation that isn't made clear.

2Tim215, regarding the graphs you posted:

The pressure isn't running maxed out for really long periods as I expected. Long term fine tuning might warrant a slight upward adjustment of max pressure, but my biggest concern is the number of OAs you are having when the pressure isn't maxed out. The short duration of the majority of these OAs leads me to believe the machine is treating them effectively with pressure increases; but, I suspect many of them could be prevented from even starting if your minimum pressure were raised. If it were me, I would set the minimum to 11 and max to 15 and see what happens. I've never had any trouble adjusting to pressure though. If I had problems adjusting to pressure, I would probably raise minimum pressure by one cmH2O (or less depending on sensitivity) per week with an aim to get it to 11, but re-evaluating with weekly trends - then, once I found a minimum pressure at which OAs were significantly reduced and most of the OAs were happening when the pressure is near max, I would start weekly fractional raises of max pressure if necessary (edit).

Edit: Is EPR something you find helpful? Do you think you could do without it?

Just my 2 cents.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
My pressure says 95% is 11.5.....but according to the graph is stays at what I have the epep min set on for most of the night..10......and my AHI stays between 1.5 and 3.5...almost all hypopneas...and I use biflex (EPR) setting of 1
so no way would I suggest to someone raising your min pressure to the 95%..for no other reason than thats the 95% number.....unless your just no happy with your OA's and/or AHI ?? then a small upward minimum epep pressure setting would be called for...see what happens to your OA's over the next week or 2.
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2013, 05:11 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: My max is set at 20 and most nights my machine bumps up against 20 or flat lines at 20 for a few minutes each time. On these nights the stats never show max pressure used as 20 though - always 19.9. I suspect this isn't an error; more likely a product of some calculation that isn't made clear.

2Tim215, regarding the graphs you posted:

The pressure isn't running maxed out for really long periods as I expected. Long term fine tuning might warrant a slight upward adjustment of max pressure, but my biggest concern is the number of OAs you are having when the pressure isn't maxed out. The short duration of the majority of these OAs leads me to believe the machine is treating them effectively with pressure increases; but, I suspect many of them could be prevented from even starting if your minimum pressure were raised. If it were me, I would set the minimum to 11 and max to 15 and see what happens. I've never had any trouble adjusting to pressure though. If I had problems adjusting to pressure, I would probably raise minimum pressure by one cmH2O (or less depending on sensitivity) per week with an aim to get it to 11, but re-evaluating with weekly trends - then, once I found a minimum pressure at which OAs were significantly reduced and most of the OAs were happening when the pressure is near max, I would start weekly fractional raises of max pressure if necessary (edit).

Edit: Is EPR something you find helpful? Do you think you could do without it?

Just my 2 cents.

Sleep-well

I can try it with no EPR and see how it goes. I'll raise the minimum in increments as you suggested and see what happens. I'll post another graph in a few weeks? Maybe that can show us some data for tuning me up! Thanks
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2013, 05:57 PM)spdklls99 Wrote: My pressure says 95% is 11.5.....but according to the graph is stays at what I have the epep min set on for most of the night..10......and my AHI stays between 1.5 and 3.5...almost all hypopneas...and I use biflex (EPR) setting of 1
so no way would I suggest to someone raising your min pressure to the 95%..for no other reason than thats the 95% number.....unless your just no happy with your OA's and/or AHI ?? then a small upward minimum epep pressure setting would be called for...see what happens to your OA's over the next week or 2.
Thanks spdklls99, I think JGJones had a good idea to try and using the same machine may be a benefit. I'm just in a test mode and wanted more information from others more knowledgeable than I am with the graphs, software etc. I appreciate your reply! [/size]
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 321 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 202 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 377 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 962 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 894 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,457 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,908 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.