Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I Raise the Max on my AutoSet?
Should I Raise the Max on my AutoSet?
First I extend my sincere apologies for not having logged in for so long. Long story, boring details!

Recently in the last week I felt compelled to raise my max cm to 6-14 instead of 6-12cm. I have been keeping an eye on my stats and uploading them to the computer. When I was at the top 12cm I often had a 11.9 reading and thought it strange that it never hit the 12 with so many 11.9's. So I raised it to 6-14cm and sure enough 13.9! I believe it may be the Resmed software, anyone else seeing this type of report with .001 below? I know it isn't significant but at least enough to cause me to check it at 14. Question is this, now that I see the 13.9cm at the high, should I start raising it maybe 1 or 2 more cm's to see where I land and hopefully stay under the whatever .9 scenario? Hope everyone's well, appreciate the replies! Here's a photo, hope I got it right!
[Image: res1_zpsf3c648a5.png]
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I Raise the Max on my AutoSet?
Hi 2Tim215,
GREAT to hear from you again.!
Hang in there for answers to your question.
Don't stay away so long, I look forward to more posts from you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would turn EPR off and increase the minimum pressure or even set the machine at constant
If you have a problem with flow limitation, flow limitation can cause the pressure to run away

Do you sleep on your back?
Edit: when congested, my pressure goes a bit higher than normal but not by much and don,t reach the maximum

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 07:41 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi 2Tim215,
GREAT to hear from you again.!
Hang in there for answers to your question.
Don't stay away so long, I look forward to more posts from you.

Thank you Trish! Good to see you are with our welcome committee!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 08:02 PM)zonk Wrote: I would turn EPR off and increase the minimum pressure or even set the machine at constant
If you have a problem with flow limitation, flow limitation can cause the pressure to run away

Do you sleep on your back?
Edit: when congested, my pressure goes a bit higher than normal but not by much and don,t reach the maximum

Hi Zonk, thanks for reply. I tend to move a lot in my sleep from side to side, rarely on my back. I have a Hose hanger that allows me to this without any tangles etc. I haven't been congested. And I should mention it has been months of reaching the 11.9cm when the setting was 6-12cm. I don't believe there are any flow limitations? Filters clean, hose clean, nasal pillows working fine. The first machine I was stuck with had the EPR turned off, when the AutoSet arrived it feels like I am breathing better without "fighting" to exhale. I only became concerned when I seen the pattern of 11.9 so often. I was thinking of going up to 6-14cm and see if it keeps climbing? I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do but the data showed an increase right away when I went from 12 to 14cm. I'll take your advice and notch up the bottom from 6 to 7cm and see what happens. I would like to hear some other opinions from others and see what they think? With the variation how would I know the data if I set it to a constant? Appreciate your advice and reply!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
What do the waves on the pressure graph look like? Is the pressure just touching max then coming back down or does it look more like it hits max, stays there a while and then comes back down?

If it were me, I would probably be looking at raising the max until I just get sharp peaks near the max. I would probably be looking at raising the min also - based on the 95% pressure shown.

Welcome back!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 10:15 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: What do the waves on the pressure graph look like? Is the pressure just touching max then coming back down or does it look more like it hits max, stays there a while and then comes back down?

If it were me, I would probably be looking at raising the max until I just get sharp peaks near the max. I would probably be looking at raising the min also - based on the 95% pressure shown.

Welcome back!
Sleep-well

Thanks, glad to be back! Rescan won't show me the "detailed graphs" for some reason? I can see the summary graphs but that's it.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2013, 02:28 AM)2Tim215 Wrote: Rescan won't show me the "detailed graphs" for some reason? I can see the summary graphs but that's it.
Double click the day that you want to see. If you click on detailed graph and shows "No detailed data available", maybe when downloading "All available data" (can be set as "default" so always stay that way) not selected or the card was not in the machine. Detailed data written directly on the card (not stored in the machine)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

Post Reply Post Reply
Me personally, (and I'm not recommending this for anybody else) I would set it a couple cm H20 higher than my 95%'ile number on auto. If I was on straight CPAP, I would probably set it at the 95%'tile number (average over several nights).

OMyMy
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2013, 03:10 AM)zonk Wrote:
(06-30-2013, 02:28 AM)2Tim215 Wrote: Rescan won't show me the "detailed graphs" for some reason? I can see the summary graphs but that's it.
Double click the day that you want to see. If you click on detailed graph and shows "No detailed data available", maybe when downloading "All available data" (can be set as "default" so always stay that way) not selected or the card was not in the machine. Detailed data written directly on the card (not stored in the machine)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=60]

Thank you, I never knew to choose that option! I appreciate you teaching me this. I will get a photo up soon. last night I did better, only 10.6 max, 95% 9.1.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 337 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 933 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 853 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,385 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,862 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 755 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.