Should I be alarmed that oxygen drops very low while sleeping?
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Should I be alarmed that oxygen drops very low while sleeping?
I would call your DME, call your doctor, go to the medical records department, call your sleep lab and ask them for your full report including the tech notes and your data plots. They may squawk but it is your right to have them.
11-29-2013 03:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
elliott2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 13 cmH2O
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Other SW: EDFBrowser and EDF2ASCII

Sex: Male

RE: Should I be alarmed that oxygen drops very low while sleeping?
I agree with me50, get the info from your doctor, your DME, and your sleep lab. Continue asking questions and learn what is going on. When you go to see the doctor, write down your questions and don't leave his office before he has answered all of them and in a way you understand. Don't be intimidated or afraid to ask questions and make sure you get answers that you can understand and if you don't understand ask the question again. Remember, you are the customer and the doctor/sleep center/DME is working for you. If the doctor, sleep lab or DME are uncooperative maybe it's time to think about getting new ones, the information they, the doctors/Sleep lab/DMEs have can be transferred to new one, the information is not theirs it's yours. I'm a big believer in getting copies of reports and keeping my own set of records, it help to have that if and when you need to discuss whats going on with someone else. It's all about patient empowerment.
12-05-2013 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  new to cpap and oxygen worried 8 240 12-02-2016 05:53 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Pulse Oxygen Sensor muddywaters 6 330 11-27-2016 07:23 PM
Rainbow [Diagnosis] They want me to use a CPAP with oxygen concentrator Apneaprincess 47 7,702 11-11-2016 05:18 PM
Last Post: David44142
  [Diagnosis] Could Sleeping Pill During Test Cause False Apnea Diagnosis Violetskyye 20 1,042 09-23-2016 03:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  GoodKnight unit ramps down, "drops out of warp" jpap 5 311 09-05-2016 06:04 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Oxygen adapter on CPAP hose PaulaO2 6 507 08-29-2016 12:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Gross [Equipment] CPAP Quit while Sleeping kwhenrykerr 3 363 08-20-2016 05:00 PM