Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I be alarmed that oxygen drops very low while sleeping?
RE: Should I be alarmed that oxygen drops very low while sleeping?
I would call your DME, call your doctor, go to the medical records department, call your sleep lab and ask them for your full report including the tech notes and your data plots. They may squawk but it is your right to have them.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I be alarmed that oxygen drops very low while sleeping?
I agree with me50, get the info from your doctor, your DME, and your sleep lab. Continue asking questions and learn what is going on. When you go to see the doctor, write down your questions and don't leave his office before he has answered all of them and in a way you understand. Don't be intimidated or afraid to ask questions and make sure you get answers that you can understand and if you don't understand ask the question again. Remember, you are the customer and the doctor/sleep center/DME is working for you. If the doctor, sleep lab or DME are uncooperative maybe it's time to think about getting new ones, the information they, the doctors/Sleep lab/DMEs have can be transferred to new one, the information is not theirs it's yours. I'm a big believer in getting copies of reports and keeping my own set of records, it help to have that if and when you need to discuss whats going on with someone else. It's all about patient empowerment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 253 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 679 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 828 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.