Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Comparing Data from different modes and pressures
Comparing Data from different modes and pressures
I am new to BiPAP therapy, and would like some assistance in comparing my results from a few different things I have tried.

My doctor prescribed settings of 10 and 16, and the DME setup the machine (AirCurve 10 VAuto) in S mode with those pressures.  My first several nights were spent fighting mask leaks at the highest pressure.  So after some reading online I decided to adjust my settings down, as my AHI was still well below 5...below 1 even.  After lowering my pressure to 6/10 over the course of a few nights, and STILL having AHIs below 1, I posted here wondering why the doctor would prescribe settings that high, if lower pressures still keep my AHI low and also make therapy infinitely more comfortable (wondering if there's something besides AHI that goes into it) and someone suggested I use the VAuto setting, since that feature is what is best about the machine I have.  I changed my machine to VAuto, and just guessed at a range and set it to "PS 4.0 over 4.0-12.0" and I'm wondering if someone could have a look at my reports and let me know which settings I should actually be using or what adjustments I should/could make.

I have a request into my doctor for copies of my initial home sleep study and my in-lab titration study.

First, one of the reports with my machine the way the doctor prescribed and the DME setup.  This was the night with the highest leaks, and also the last night on these settings before I lowered them:

Next, one of the nights at the lowered settings...MUCH more comfortable therapy and I didn't want to throw the whole machine out the window:

Finally, this is last night, with the machine set to VAuto PS 4.0 over 4.0-12.0

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Comparing Data from different modes and pressures
I'm all for keeping pressures lower, especially if you're getting the same results.
Your numbers are good and I think you should concentrate on comfort.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What all numbers should I be looking at?  Is it just AHI?
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be looking at the makeup of the AHI, Obstructives, Hypopneas and Clear Airways.

Also keep track of Flow Limitations and leaks. Look at everything and watch for a trend.
You will eventually see what's normal for you. It's a learning process. No one can tell you how you feel, only you can do that.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,055 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,729 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 457 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central sleep apnea? need help on pressures flappypalate 2 484 11-23-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: flappypalate
  Need help falling asleep with changing BiPap pressures ISeekRem 7 629 08-13-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.