Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I be concerned?
RE: Should I be concerned?
This is the advantage of the Autoset. It keeps up with the changes you need. Your RT will not have the authority to change your settings without a doctor's prescription. You're setting yourself up for more doctor visits and studies. May I suggest you simply add some pressure to your settings? That is what an auto CPAP would do.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in Ontario Canada where it is impossible to get an autoset machine. There are restrictions on who is elgible for an auto cpap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's no problem. Your Elite will treat you well and provide full data, but you have to to the pressure changes since the machine won't.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not impossible, but the requirements are strange, especially since they require a second titration sleep test which costs more than the difference in price of the machines...

We have an election on... can we make it an issue? Of course the docs and the labs will lose some money, but the total health budget would go down... but the docs have a well organised lobby group...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a feeling it is a political issue that will be difficult to gain traction. It does seem like a false economy as many people have changing therapy needs nightly and over time. It would be so much easier to just put the machine in auto, analyze the results and avoid the doctor and clinical interaction. What is the retail difference between an Elite and Autoset? $150? Sounds like a bargain compared to physician encounters.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woke up choking, concerned about vents michael7 2 120 04-09-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: michael7
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 232 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Should I Be Concerned? breathingeasy 4 391 01-09-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,292 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk
  UARS - Concerned about flow limitations - where to go from here?? jekettex 13 1,154 10-05-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Concerned with the Leak Rate lazytower 4 779 07-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: zynsa
  Should I be concerned with this type pattern adrift 14 1,343 05-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: adrift

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.