Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to [physically] verify if EPR is actually turned off
How to [physically] verify if EPR is actually turned off
Lately, my new AirSense 10 coupled with the Mirage Activa LT and regular Activa mask is not letting me fall asleep because of the exhalation (nose breathing) vibration.

I don't know why, but this suddenly started happening after more than 7 years on CPAP. To clarify, it's a vibration from the inside flap when breathing through my nose. I have two cpap machines, a legacy Respironics Auto Pro and the AirSense 10. I disabled Cflex on my legacy and there is a noticeable difference with the pressure, still the flapping noise is there on both masks.

With my AirSense, I disabled the EPR in the Clinician menu but I don't notice any difference at all.

Since my Resmed machine is still under warranty, I know my DME won't have any issue replacing it if it is defective. However, to save time I'd like to know for myself if there is some test I can do myself.

Additionally, I am now using a third "backup" mask the FP 405 nasal mask which almost completely absorbs the annoying exhaling noise the mask makes. Again, I don't know why this has become an irritant.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to [physically] verify if EPR is actually turned off
Look at the Pressure graph in Sleepy Head. If it is off, you should see only one line, or two very close together.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the ResMed Mirage Activa LT and experienced the same exhale noise. I found I concentrated on the noise and it kept annoying me. I tried adjusting the straps, repositioning the mask, and nothing helped. I found one of the side lock tabs was loose and pressed it down and the noise went away. You might take a closer look at your mask. Also check the batwing head rest and the dial settings.

One trick with the S10 is to use the "Run Mask Fit" function and play around using the increased pressure to try various tweaks. BTW, when you turn Mask Fit off by pushing the button, be prepared to take off your mask quickly because it feels like you aren't getting sufficient air.

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, I will look at Sleephead's pressure graph and try the "Run Mask fit option".

The side tabs are all fine on both the older Activa and LT. I guess I have become fixated on the noise.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  AirSense 11 turned off while in use; why??? rpierce 4 1,455 07-23-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense autoset 11 can I disable blowing again after turned off? plaidwandering 5 1,731 01-09-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  How do I verify the data shown? BPgotproblems 5 641 08-25-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: BPgotproblems
  [CPAP] device starts blowing about 30 mins after being turned off willid3 3 1,125 08-25-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: willid3
  Sometimes I physically wake up and gasp for air. Is this an Apnea sign? Max Maker 3 701 01-30-2021, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  TURNED EPR OFF! Michael Shaw 15 3,427 09-28-2019, 07:16 PM
Last Post: vroomvroom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.