Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I change my pressure settings?
Question 
Should I change my pressure settings?
Hello ApneaBoard community,

It's been a week that I'm using the setting 7 to 14 but with what I understand from here so far I probably have to put my lower pressure around 9 and increase my upper to 15.

See below my numbers of last night:

[Image: screenshot-20160217-200756_zpse39evdpy.png]

What do you think?

Thanks in advance !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I change my pressure settings?
Well you do seem to be taking quite a jump in pressure when things start happening. Your max pressure is sitting right near the limit, but not flattening out there. Your AHI is quite nice, to these numbers are working as far as apneas go.

The important question now is how are you feeling? rested? tired? Do you feel it is working? Are you comfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2016, 08:20 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Well you do seem to be taking quite a jump in pressure when things start happening. Your max pressure is sitting right near the limit, but not flattening out there. Your AHI is quite nice, to these numbers are working as far as apneas go.

The important question now is how are you feeling? rested? tired? Do you feel it is working? Are you comfortable?

Thank you for your quick feedback PoolQ I appreciate!

Sadly I'm still tired Sad

I don't really feel the benefits... But I don't feel the pressure anymore like at the beginning like

Let me know what you think please.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2016, 08:14 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: Hello ApneaBoard community,

It's been a week that I'm using the setting 7 to 14 but with what I understand from here so far I probably have to put my lower pressure around 9 and increase my upper to 15.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance !

I think you learn quickly. Your treatment efficacy is great, so go for comfort and better sleep above perfection in the numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I see, and that is, the possibility of your starting pressure could be raised. Maybe later..It appears that it is not serving any purpose except for providing you with a comfort pressure to get started for the night. That's a good thing. (however) with a AHI of .77 you are the envy of many on this board. Two thumbs up!! Your 95% level of 13.93 tells me that "perhaps" you could raise it up 1 or 2 notches. (in the future).. BUT.. At this stage of your starting therapy and the newness of it all...Don.t touch a thing for several weeks or maybe even months. I know anxiety leads us sometimes to rush to judgement because one or two numbers don't look good. Just keep aware of your numbers through the use of the wonderful "SleepHead" program. Sorry to hear of the stubbornness of the energy levels, but again, I think your energy will slowly return with good CPAP compliance.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Given your comment that you aren't bothered by the pressure, I think you may now be bothered more by the changing pressure as it chases your flow restrictions. I see a lot of disturbed breathing in areas when the pressure is changing. You don't appear to be getting very good sleep quality. I'll bet you don't get any REM time and no dreaming.

With that assumption, it seems that you may eventually need to raise the minimum pressure quite a bit. Perhaps slowly inching it up to around 12 cm H2O eventually. You raising the min to 9 cm H2O is a good start if you can tolerate it.

You may want to consider CPAP as an alternate mode if pressure excursions continue to bother you.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Rousseau21! I am sure in time you will tweak your settings so that you are completely comfortable and getting maximum benefit from your CPAP therapy. You already have an awesome AHI, lucky you!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2016, 09:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 08:14 PM)Rousseau21 Wrote: Hello ApneaBoard community,

What do you think?

Thanks in advance !

I think you learn quickly. Your treatment efficacy is great, so go for comfort and better sleep above perfection in the numbers.

Thank you Sleeprider for your feedback and for the learning fast I do my best to learn from you guys!

I will look closely to my setting and if I do a change I will keep it in a journal like it is highly suggested by some members of the forum !
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2016, 09:18 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: From what I see, and that is, the possibility of your starting pressure could be raised. Maybe later..It appears that it is not serving any purpose except for providing you with a comfort pressure to get started for the night. That's a good thing. (however) with a AHI of .77 you are the envy of many on this board. Two thumbs up!! Your 95% level of 13.93 tells me that "perhaps" you could raise it up 1 or 2 notches. (in the future).. BUT.. At this stage of your starting therapy and the newness of it all...Don.t touch a thing for several weeks or maybe even months. I know anxiety leads us sometimes to rush to judgement because one or two numbers don't look good. Just keep aware of your numbers through the use of the wonderful "SleepHead" program. Sorry to hear of the stubbornness of the energy levels, but again, I think your energy will slowly return with good CPAP compliance.

Thank you JudgeMental for your feedback!

To goal for me is not to show a great AHI to others but to really see if there is a setting that can optimize the benefits on my life as soon as possible. But like you say, I probably need to be more patient which is not one of my good side Unsure

I really like SleepyHead it really help me to understand what you guys talk about!

And for the compliance of my therapy I'm not scare. I'm impatient but I'm definitely not a quitter Big Grin

By the way I really like your signature!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2016, 09:53 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Given your comment that you aren't bothered by the pressure, I think you may now be bothered more by the changing pressure as it chases your flow restrictions. I see a lot of disturbed breathing in areas when the pressure is changing. You don't appear to be getting very good sleep quality. I'll bet you don't get any REM time and no dreaming.

With that assumption, it seems that you may eventually need to raise the minimum pressure quite a bit. Perhaps slowly inching it up to around 12 cm H2O eventually. You raising the min to 9 cm H2O is a good start if you can tolerate it.

You may want to consider CPAP as an alternate mode if pressure excursions continue to bother you.

Dude

Thank you surferdude2 for your feedback!

The pressure doesn't bother me when I exhale like at the beginning. I think my body start to assimilate the concept of my therapy. I will probably increase my starting pressure slowly.

As far as the CPAP I never taught about that. It is maybe an option later if I don't see any benefits.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 316 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.