Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up with heavy rapid breathing.
RE: Waking up with heavy rapid breathing.
Interesting that you had higher tidal volume, with a lower pressure support. That is not what I normally expect. Anyway, you can ignore these idle musings and just enjoy a good night's sleep. There is nothing wrong with your results at the settings you started with, or for that matter these modified ones with higher PS. Keep up the good work. If the current setting results don't improve, I think just go back to the previous setting after a couple nights.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for looking at my Sleepyhead. I will take your advice. I will post every now and then if that's ok. 

Sleepyv
Post Reply Post Reply
Lease keep your future posts in this thread so we have the history of the data you hha've already posted

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I will.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to see some of the fluctuations in tidal volume or any other data, you can change the minimums and maximums on any graph (Y axis). For tidal volume, I average about 500ml per breath; so I set my min at 300 and max at 800. This does not change the treatment, but only how it is charted.

For your normal nights, it looks like you average about 330ml, so maybe set your min at 200 and max at 600. When looking at that level you may be able to see differences between times of relative peace and those of rapid breathing.

If you are anything like me, you probably wake up just seconds or minutes after REM sleep - usually with a conscious memory of some details about the dream. Most studies conclude that if you do not waken within 5 minutes after a dream, you'll probably not even remember having dreamt.

questions can be private messaged.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 4 89 2 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,119 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 286 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.