Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I continue treatment?
RE: Should I continue treatment?
ok spoke to someone at the home healthcare equip company who gave me their cell number.  They aregoing to switch out the machine no problem.  So I guess with the air sense 10 elite I would just put the sd card inmy pc to download the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try and push for the autoset,  You have more control right now than you will ever have for the next 5 years unless you choose to purchase out of pocket.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be ideal to get the Autoset, but the Elite is a nice upgrade. At least we can find out what's going on. Once Sleepyhead is installed, it should find the SD card and import data pretty easily. Glitches are known to occur, but you're on your way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think my insurance covers it.  They put me on an auto machine for 3 days only to test.  But I will ask my doctor monday at my appointment.  Ty very much for your info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi richac,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I encourage you to just stick with CPAP therapy, now that you are going to get a data-capable machine, you will get much better results.
Good luck as you continue on your CPAP journey and don’t give up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Amen to all of the above!

Way to keep at this. This is the hardest part (being at the mercy of DME/dr). Get what you're willing to have for 5 years, and then you can more forward in peace.
Post Reply Post Reply
hey all, so I just got the resmed airsense 10 elite. 360model.

I notice it automatically connects to cellular wifi instead of my home network. That makes things easier especially if I travel.  I also got a climate controlled tube this time.

Only issue is I didn't get an SD Card with it lol.  The whole point was for me to be able to download the data to my own device at home not just for my doctor.  I also told the place its my understanding it should have an sd card as backup in case the wireless goes out.

My doc wants me to go our local lab for a daytime acclimatization to make sure i have proper mask after using this machine for 7-10 days if it still doesn;t feel right.  She also wanted me to bring sd card for next visit and the sleep lab might want it too I;m thinking..  In the meantime I called the homecare place and dr's office and left message to confirm everyone is connected online. Homecare rep said they will send me an sd card hopefully. The only one I have laying around is SD adapter to put a microsd in.  will that work?

So just to confirm if I put in an sdcard it will record all the data to it as well as transfer it online, correct? Do I need to set anything to start writing to it?

Also for full data do I put essentials on or essentials plus?

Thanks for all the help.

Rich.
Post Reply Post Reply
A microSD in the right adapter should work. The SD card records much more detailed data than is transmitted online, but the card must be in place or session details are lost. Use Essential PLUS. That only affects the on-screen sleep report.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow thats interesting. I actually had to convince the guy I needed the sd card while he was telling me I didnt...

ty for your reply.  Also was wondering, is 1gb big enough?  I got a 1gb micro sd I can put in an sd adapter..

also wow this machine is much better then my last one.  I think the other one the air was blowing right out the mask haha. I would have to move hose to feel the air blowin at me.  Happened after some time I think... My doc called it before I told her.

This one working good better seal. Same exact mask!  But now I cant breathe out!.  I know on dreamstation it was cflex. on this one I think maybe its called something else.  in other words to relieve the pressure when I breathe out.  tyvm,   never thought I would have to worry about this stuff. You really have to be knowledge of your self for the best treatment when it comes to this it seems. With the cuts to health care coming I will have to buy one myself eventually, but only if I can get used to it. This is a rough experience lol. Heavy sleepers probalby have an easier time.
Post Reply Post Reply
You want to turn on EPR, which is similar to C-flex.

It will take a long time for the machine to fill up 1 GB. It's big enough, at least to get started.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 18 636 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 169 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 148 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 243 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 670 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 136 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 158 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.