Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I continue treatment?
RE: Should I continue treatment?
Posting your Sleepyhead data might help... Lots of people here will assist you, including me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2017, 07:22 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I have never experienced a mask shaking.  You have a fixed pressure of 9.0 and as far as I know, your machine does not perform pressure pulses to determine if apnea is CA or OA.   Your profile indicates you are in NYC, so not much of a seismic zone, although you might live near trains...sorry, humor.

How is your mask and hose routed to the machine?  Is the hose supported, or is it just draped across the  bed?

The mask shakes if i'm not breathing,  even when machine is off.  when on, it doesn't matter the settings.  So right after I exhale before I inhale, no matter what.  or if I just hold my breath.  It shakes rapidly until  I start inhaling again.  If I try to kee[ the hose and mask in place it doesn't make a diff I still feel the shaking.   The dreamstation didn't do this at all.

This machine does show central ahi data.  Would that have something to do with it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2017, 11:58 AM)Kayak18 Wrote: Posting your Sleepyhead data might help... Lots of people here will assist you, including me.

lol they keep telling me they are going to get me a data card but I haven't got one yet.  I think I'm going to end up just giving the machine back.  This feels more like a scam at this point.  I might have to call my insurance case manager, but I'd be shocked if I get help anywhere else.   Northwell has a monopoly. I might have to go 2 hours away to find another health group.

Sleep lab called me back and are waiting on approval for the daytime fitting and acclimatization. Will probably take a while and I'm not optimistic its gonna help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me get this straight... you're about to quit because you don't have an SD card?? In the personal situation you have described, posting your data here is essential, and will get you TONS of help. You can beat this, but only if you give yourself a chance...

My first week was hell, no help... and then look what happens when I did find help:

[Image: Capture.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem is, they gave you a brick that doesn't give useful data. Since you say the mask shakes when you hold your breath, it sounds like the forced oscillation technique (FOT) that Resmed uses to determine if an apnea is OA or CA. Of course it won't report it either way. Others have complained that the FOT causes sleep disruption or mask shaking. One solution might be not to hold your breath.

I share your sense of frustration. With a non-data machine and poor support it's hard to be motivated. Feedback in the form of data is reinforcing, and it all comes down to your supplier giving you the cheapest machine they could in order to maximize profits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2017, 07:53 PM)Kayak18 Wrote: Let me get this straight... you're about to quit because you don't have an SD card?? In the personal situation you have described, posting your data here is essential, and will get you TONS of help. You can beat this, but only if you give yourself a chance...

My first week was hell, no help... and then look what happens when I did find help:

[Image: Capture.png]
SD card is just latest issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2017, 08:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The problem is, they gave you a brick that doesn't give useful data.  Since you say the mask shakes when you hold your breath, it sounds like the forced oscillation technique (FOT) that Resmed uses to determine if an apnea is OA or CA.  Of course it won't report it either way.  Others have complained that the FOT causes sleep disruption or mask shaking.  One solution might be not to hold your breath.

I share your sense of frustration. With a non-data machine and poor support it's hard to be motivated.  Feedback in the form of data is reinforcing, and it all comes down to your supplier giving you the cheapest machine they could in order to maximize profits.

Yes they gave me dreamstation CPAP i switched to air sense 10 elite for data.

So in otherwords my breathing is really the problem not the machine. The airsense just exposes that fact?

Everyone cares only about getting paid not if ur treatment is helping. Welcome to American health care. The fact I have Medicaid means I get treated even worse.  It's hard to trust people scamming u or pushing u through as just a number. Or thinking to themselves you don't deserve it.

Now I'm gonna go back to the sleep lab that told me it was weird I have chipmunk cheeks and sent me on my way when I said it didn't seemto make me feel better.  Where I had a bad experience with overnight years ago. Trying to stay optimistic but it's hard.

Only reason I haven't quit already Is cause of this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to come out of pocket about $800 (that I didn't have extra)
One benefit of that was I was more inclined to make it work and to stick with it. I felt like I had to after spending that much.
The "can do" attitude is essential !
Regards
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2017, 09:41 PM)Mark71 Wrote: I had to come out of pocket about $800 (that I didn't have extra)
One benefit of that was I was more inclined to make it work and to stick with it. I felt like I had to after spending that much.
The "can do" attitude is essential !
Regards
Mark

Im thinking I might have to do that. But do you still get supplies through insurance?

I still don't think machine should be shaking mask like this. when I relax I can't stop it from happening. If I buy one it's gonna be a dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, I think your right I can also hear the machine pulsating the air when it happens. I guess it's by design and because I give long weak exhales. It's the fot driving me nuts.

I dunno WTF to do now, happens on ramp epr off and any pressure. Does dreamstation pro do same thing? Or do I have to choose between data and pulsating masks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,015 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 581 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.