Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I give modem back to DME
RE: Should I give modem back to DME
(05-08-2016, 11:23 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: pupcamper, And why did you take your CPAP on your "Honeymoon" since you're not supposed to sleep during such an adventurous time. Banana like Dielaughing

When the air hits your eye. And your DreamStation is as big as a pizza pie. That's Amore!

And the hose hits your thigh ...

And your nose is so plugged, you wish you would die ...
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
They showed up at your house without an appointment? That rates at least a door slammed in their face.

The modem is probably theirs. It won't work anyway if they're not paying for the monitoring service. There might be some requirements imposed by the insurance.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2016, 02:37 PM)sdb7802 Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 11:23 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: pupcamper, And why did you take your CPAP on your "Honeymoon" since you're not supposed to sleep during such an adventurous time. Banana like Dielaughing

When the air hits your eye. And your DreamStation is as big as a pizza pie. That's Amore!

ROFL...please finish the song...Like I would be able to breath...huhh
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2016, 05:46 PM)ger365 Wrote: ROFL...please finish the song...Like I would be able to breath...huhh

Your CPAP will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll Snore " Vital bella"
Leaks will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
Like a high RERA.. That's Amore

Can you breath now?DielaughingRolling laugh
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2016, 06:00 PM)0rangebear Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 05:46 PM)ger365 Wrote: ROFL...please finish the song...Like I would be able to breath...huhh

Like a high RERA.. That's Amora

Too-funny Now this will go trough my head all night unless I crank up my praise and worship cd...thanks bro...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2016, 02:07 PM)DariaVader Wrote: My doctor prescribed a modem. My DME billed my insurance and my insurance paid for my modem - which is an add on for the Resmed S9 that I have. So, yes, they will. ymmv - but it is definitely in the realm of possibility.

Thanks for the info. I could be wrong, but I thought I saw a modem listed on the bill for my machine. I'll call them tomorrow and tell them they will have to wait until I get back to town. I'll check my paperwork when I do get back.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

It's called commitment. Big Grin

(05-08-2016, 02:37 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: When the air hits your eye. And your DreamStation is as big as a pizza pie. That's Amore!

Oh-jeez ...... Laugh-a-lot

(05-08-2016, 04:47 PM)archangle Wrote: They showed up at your house without an appointment? That rates at least a door slammed in their face.

The modem is probably theirs. It won't work anyway if they're not paying for the monitoring service. There might be some requirements imposed by the insurance.

We weren't there when they came or they may have. We don't usually use the front door and didn't see their note until we were leaving for our trip.

(05-08-2016, 06:00 PM)0rangebear Wrote:

Like a high RERA.. That's Amora

Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2016, 10:59 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Thanks for the info. I could be wrong, but I thought I saw a modem listed on the bill for my machine. I'll call them tomorrow and tell them they will have to wait until I get back to town. I'll check my paperwork when I do get back.

Could still be a rental. Or a fee for monitoring for x months.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2016, 03:28 AM)archangle Wrote: Could still be a rental. Or a fee for monitoring for x months.

It's very possible it is a rental. It makes more sense to do it that way.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2016, 04:59 AM)pupcamper Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 08:22 PM)Snoopy2011 Wrote: I used to work at a DME and can think of no circumstance that the patient would either own or be billed for a modem. We purchased them separately they weren't cheap. There is no billing code and Medicare specifically states there is no additional payment for modems. Maybe a private insurance would pay for them but I am doubtful because once compliance is met there is no need for one unless maybe the DME needs to change your pressure remotely.

Thanks Snoopy. That makes sense. After I thought about it I think it is probably true in this case. I'll have to wait to address the issue as it is with me. It will be a couple of weeks before we get back into town. I'm on the east coast on a second honeymoon with my bride of 30 years.
Happy Anniversary Pupcamper!! Hope your honeymoon holds many fond memories!! (we'll be on our honeymoon again for our 25th on July 4th!)

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,643 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,800 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 295 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.