Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I replace my Resmed S9 Elite for a S9 autoset?
Should I replace my Resmed S9 Elite for a S9 autoset?
I’m on on the elite for 8 months now, and like I said before I’m having very good results especially for the treatment of my heart symptoms, Atrial Fibrilation(AF), and tiredness.
When my AHI is low (< 5), the tiredness is gone. When it’s higher 7 - 11 I’m feeling the new “bad”, which is much better then before!
Next week I have to go to Clinic again and I want to ask the docter if it’s possible to try the S9 autoset.
The average AHI for the last 6 months is about 6/hour, but I ‘m having a lot more clear airways events then obstructive episodes ( 3 : 1). CPAP pressure is 8 cmH20.
What do you think I should do ?
Thank you all!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I replace my Resmed S9 Elite for a S9 autoset?
SilverSleeper, I would definitely be trying to get an Autoset, apart from the auto adjusting feauture, I think they are more comfortable than constant pressure CPAPs. Basically the machine does everything for you. At 8 your pressures are not very high, from Sleepyhead or Rescan are you hitting 8 most of the time? Even if you don't get the Autoset at least he can look at your data and make so suggestions, good luck and keep us advised.
Post Reply Post Reply
The initially pressure setting at the beginning of the study was 6 cm H20 with an AHI of 8,5. Thanks to the board I gradually changed the settings to 8 cm H20. My AHI from march 26 is now about 4,56/hour. But still have days of 7 - 11 AHI's and lots of centrals episodes. I tried the settings of 9 - 12 cm but cannot tolerate that higher constant pressure. When I'm having an autoset I will try a range between 7 - 12cm H20? I'm hoping to reduce the clusters AHI's(REM sleep?) I'm having.

THX!
Post Reply Post Reply
What was your AHI at your first sleep study? If you go with the Autoset your low pressure can be as low as 4, 12 sounds good as the high but your clinic should advise you on your high and low. If you get it, leave the settings on what they are set at for acouple of weeks, sometimes it takes people a couple of weeks to adjust and get good readings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 05:36 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote: What do you think I should do ?
Thank you all!
I think ... if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Auto is not necessary any better
Some folk are sensitive to APAP pressure changes and do better on constant pressure while the reverse true for others

Elite and AutoSet gives the same amount of detailed data and both does not treat central sleep apnea (only detection)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 06:13 PM)Tez62 Wrote: What was your AHI at your first sleep study? If you go with the Autoset your low pressure can be as low as 4, 12 sounds good as the high but your clinic should advise you on your high and low. If you get it, leave the settings on what they are set at for acouple of weeks, sometimes it takes people a couple of weeks to adjust and get good readings.

At the beginning my AHI was about 22. The clinic didn't give me much more information. Had a second sleep study(February) but couldn't talk to a doctor, only nurses.... Have an appointment with a doctor on July 2. Gonna ask for an autoset thoughWink

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 06:24 PM)zonk Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 05:36 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote: What do you think I should do ?
Thank you all!
I think ... if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Auto is not necessary any better
Some folk are sensitive to APAP pressure changes and do better on constant pressure while the reverse true for others

Elite and AutoSet gives the same amount of detailed data and both does not treat central sleep apnea (only detection)

I don't now for sure but if "things go bad" is it possible to change the autoset to a straight CPAP?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SilverSleeper,
You can run an S9AutoSet in straight CPAP if you should want to do that.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 06:40 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote: I don't now for sure but if "things go bad" is it possible to change the autoset to a straight CPAP?
Yes ... AutoSet does both modes, CPAP (constant pressure) and AutoSet
You can choose to set the machine in either mode

Do you have to pay for the AutoSet out of pocket or its free in Belgium

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 06:54 PM)zonk Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 06:40 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote: I don't now for sure but if "things go bad" is it possible to change the autoset to a straight CPAP?
Yes ... AutoSet does both modes, CPAP (constant pressure) and AutoSet
You can choose to set the machine in either mode

Do you have to pay for the AutoSet out of pocket or its free in Belgium

I'm paying € 7,5/month for the machine, including replacements of mask etc. For the visit and clinic we have to pay a little, much is included.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 347 20 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 82 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.