Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I replace my Resmed S9 Elite for a S9 autoset?
RE: Should I replace my Resmed S9 Elite for a S9 autoset?
I would get the AutoSet.
It is a more flexible machine and you can run down leak and pressure related issues more quickly.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
How many centrals do you get?

Look at the centrals with SleepyHead and see how many seconds they last and whether you completely stop breathing or only partially stop breathing.

Higher pressure may increase centrals in some people.

If you are having too many centrals, you may need an ever more complicated machine than the AutoSet.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi archangel.
I'm taking june 19 as an example. AHI 5.29. Clear airways 3.55(in total 63 events), obstructive 0.51, Hypopnea 0,84.
Events ranging from 10 to 26 seconds. In total there were 8 events of + 20 seconds.
I don't know why but there are only 32 of the 63 events split up in the events log.
I just have to add that the total AHI (last 3 month's) is under AHI 5.
Thank you all!

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s607...5ed199.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 10:23 PM)Shastzi Wrote: I would get the AutoSet.
It is a more flexible machine and you can run down leak and pressure related issues more quickly.

Wink

How does the Autoset let you "run down leak" issues more quickly? I've read that the Elite has the exact same features and reporting as the Autoset with the exception of auto pressure. The Elite does have full leak reporting.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2013, 05:43 PM)Tez62 Wrote: SilverSleeper, I would definitely be trying to get an Autoset, apart from the auto adjusting feauture, I think they are more comfortable than constant pressure CPAPs. Basically the machine does everything for you. At 8 your pressures are not very high, from Sleepyhead or Rescan are you hitting 8 most of the time? Even if you don't get the Autoset at least he can look at your data and make so suggestions, good luck and keep us advised.

Are you talking about the EPR feature? The Elite has it. It's exactly the same system as the Autoset if I'm not mistaken.
Post Reply Post Reply
All S9 series have the EPR feature including non-data capable Escape models

Leak only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
S9 Specification http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2013, 01:38 PM)tokyo43 Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 05:43 PM)Tez62 Wrote: SilverSleeper, I would definitely be trying to get an Autoset, apart from the auto adjusting feauture, I think they are more comfortable than constant pressure CPAPs. Basically the machine does everything for you. At 8 your pressures are not very high, from Sleepyhead or Rescan are you hitting 8 most of the time? Even if you don't get the Autoset at least he can look at your data and make so suggestions, good luck and keep us advised.

Are you talking about the EPR feature? The Elite has it. It's exactly the same system as the Autoset if I'm not mistaken.

tokyo43, I was talking about the difference between constant pressure and auto adjusting being the difference between the Elite and Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a brick before and I got a resmed S9 vipap auto.
It can run CPAP also, but the auto settings are spectacular.
Post Reply Post Reply
Next week I'm having an appointment with the doctor. I hope she will agree with trying the S9 autoset. I'will inform you how things work out.
THX
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2013, 04:57 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote: Hi archangel.
I'm taking june 19 as an example. AHI 5.29. Clear airways 3.55(in total 63 events), obstructive 0.51, Hypopnea 0,84.
Events ranging from 10 to 26 seconds. In total there were 8 events of + 20 seconds.
I don't know why but there are only 32 of the 63 events split up in the events log.
I just have to add that the total AHI (last 3 month's) is under AHI 5.
Thank you all!

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s607...5ed199.jpg

[Image: CAE_zps665ed199.jpg]

Those central apnea events look "real." Watch out for them. In particular, be careful if they get more frequent or longer lasting, especially if you do anything to increase your pressure, including using auto CPAP. Just turning your pressure up may make CA worse.

Look at the events, and see how long a period of time you're not breathing and how often you stop. Get a gut feel for how bad your CA is.

If your CA problems get worse, you may need an ASV machine, but they're much more expensive and may be much more difficult to live with.

An AutoSet will probably not help your CA. It could even make it worse if you end up going to a higher pressure. However, the AutoSet can be adjusted such that it doesn't increase your pressure to a higher level, or it can even be set to do manual CPAP at 8.

By the way, upgrade to SleepyHead 0.9.3. It fixes a few bugs with the display of data on the S9 machine. The link is in my signature.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 488 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 88 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 123 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 217 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.