Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I strive for an AHI of zero?
RE: Should I strive for an AHI of zero?
I've been using CPAP for less than 2 months now, my AHI on my sleep study was 41, originally my supplier gave me an APAP machine set at 21/25 with a full face mask. Through experimenting and reading on this site I bought a Resmed AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask and after playing with the settings I've gotten my AHI down to 0 most nights or sometimes I get a .14, only one occurrence all night! Maybe I'm just lucky I dont know, I not sure I really had apnea to begin with though, my main problem was snoring! Cant say I feel any better as I never felt bad to begin with.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I strive for an AHI of zero?
Hmmmmm...........maybe I do feel better and I just never realized it! Before I started using my machine a few months ago I had to drive over 50 miles for work training 1st thing in the morning after I got up for a week and I was so damn tired I was about to fall asleep driving then, this week I have training right near the same area at the same time and I felt wide awake making the trip this morning! Interesting! Maybe this CPAP stuff really does work after all!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.