Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I switch to Bi-PAP and is it worth it for me?
RE: Should I switch to Bi-PAP and is it worth it for me?
(02-02-2020, 12:56 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: When I viewed your MV rate where you highlighted when you fell asleep, I'm seeing a good steady MV on the sleep segment. And I'm not seeing a need to target it. Is there a comfort issue of concern? I don't want you to get caught in a chasing numbers trap.

Dave, I'm highlighting it because I'm trying to find out where the issue with the therapy is and why my sleep is still terrible. Mv hasn't picked up in deep sleep even after moving to ASV.

The concern is sleep is still very bad and not refreshing.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I gotcha. It helps me to put things in perspective, thanks. Stick with us and with enough back and forth info, we'll do our best to help you. Just as a reminder, what's your current therapy settings?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2020, 10:23 AM)pr560 Wrote: I tried EERS some time back; it was not very succesfull for me. It made me hyperventilate and the night sleep was not good.

Have you tried it with the ASV, solely with the goal of increasing TV in mind?

If not, might be worth giving it another go, say with the typical minimum of 6-inches of dead space. I imagine you'll know pretty quickly if it'll work or not in terms of the hyperventilation.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried EERS with the ASV last night.

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a bit suffocated and very tired. I switched back to normal and woke up feeling a bit better. After going back to normal mode MV dipped to lower levels.

MV was a bit higher than it normally is during deep sleep - 4.9-5.1

It seems I did not hyperventilate on EERS on the ASV.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you please describe your EERS setup?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2020, 06:14 AM)pr560 Wrote: I tried EERS with the ASV last night.

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a bit suffocated and very tired. I switched back to normal and woke up feeling a bit better. After going back to normal mode MV dipped to lower levels.

MV was a bit higher than it normally is during deep sleep - 4.9-5.1

It seems I did not hyperventilate on EERS on the ASV.

FWIW, I found my median TV and MV increased by 20%.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2020, 08:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Can you please describe your EERS setup?

My full face mask has 2 vents. One big one and one smaller one in the tubing adapter. I blocked the smaller one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that's a kludge, and I would not consider it EERS.  Even with half the design vent-rate, the mask does not hold expired air because the mask vent rate is about four to five times respiration.  The EERS system moves the vent to the end of an known volume of tubing and allows the design vent rate to occur there.  You may have increased CO2, but we can't quantify it and I'm uncomfortable with that kind of modification.  The controlled increase of CO2 can increase respiratory drive, moving up tidal volume, respiratory rate and minute vent. The physician that prescribes this also will prescribe Diamox to slightly acidify the blood to encourage respiration.  It mostly seems to treat therapy onset central apnea, but it works to improve respiratory volume as well.  I would not trust the effect of blocking half of the expiratory vent to achieve any kind of predictable result.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,199 11 hours ago
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 148 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Is it worth going to sleep clinic? namastelondon235 2 152 04-07-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,258 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,261 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 1,143 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 327 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.