Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I try a new FFM?
RE: Should I try a new FFM?
(04-29-2015, 02:24 PM)JVinNE Wrote: Dents in the face, not even red marks. Last night, I loosened it up a bit, and it wasn't as bad, but I kept feeling air on my eyes, even though Sleepyhead said almost no leaks, and AHI of 0.0.

I think I have the smallest size available; small. The really nice DME lady who came to my house, measured my mouth and nose area before putting it on me. My DME is so great, and I am surprised by it, especially after all of the stories I've heard about so many DME people.

You know, I feel the air on my eyes as well, but when I put my finger there to find the leak area, I can't find it. Drives me nuts.

You mention in another post that you get 3 cushions. Wish my DME did that. Sigh.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 09:50 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: [

You know, I feel the air on my eyes as well, but when I put my finger there to find the leak area, I can't find it. Drives me nuts.

You mention in another post that you get 3 cushions. Wish my DME did that. Sigh.

That is because of the callouses on your fingers from all of the typing you do every day. A little sandpaper on your fingers might help. Big Grin Dont-know Rolleyes

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Might be right! Or they're asleep and wishing I would go there, too. 4am and ain't done it yet. Tonight's reason is really bad stomach acid. Almost gone so I should be able to lay down soon!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 09:50 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(04-29-2015, 02:24 PM)JVinNE Wrote: Dents in the face, not even red marks. Last night, I loosened it up a bit, and it wasn't as bad, but I kept feeling air on my eyes, even though Sleepyhead said almost no leaks, and AHI of 0.0.

I think I have the smallest size available; small. The really nice DME lady who came to my house, measured my mouth and nose area before putting it on me. My DME is so great, and I am surprised by it, especially after all of the stories I've heard about so many DME people.

One every 30 days, actually.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 02:26 PM)JVinNE Wrote:
(04-29-2015, 09:50 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:

One every 30 days, actually.

Yes...the three they send (mail) is for 3 months, so they only have to mail 4x per yr instead of 12.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 09:48 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Tell the tech to give you the size you want. Sometimes measuring isn't enough. It's not just the measurements, it's the fit. And those are two different things.

And I'm pretty sure that there are more than just three sizes of human faces.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I adjusted my straps again last night, and though the mask dug in a little, it didn't leave deep marks in the morning, and it didn't leak much at all; according to Sleepyhead. I hope I can tame this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.