Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I try the Airfit P10 or Resp Nuance mask
Should I try the Airfit P10 or Resp Nuance mask
I have tired the resmed Swift Fx nasal pillows now for 4 months. I want to try another mask to see if one fits better and if I can get better AHI readings. I am looking at the resmed p10 or the respironics nuance. Has anyone tried both of these to tell me which to try. I am basically a side sleeper and not one to sleep on his back. I use the resmed airsense 10 with a 7.6-13.6 range for now and a 10min ramp.

thanks people!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I try the Airfit P10 or Resp Nuance mask
I have used both. I loved the Nuance - but their headgear is odd. The back strap is tacky on purpose to help hold it on. In theory. The problem is it can/did get gross quickly. The last one I had, it seemed they had fixed the problem.

I hated the P10. In terms of advancement with the headgear, the P10 went completely backward. There are no adjustments. It was the only mask to give me a sore nose. And it was a sore on the outside because it squished my wee nose so much at night. I tried a lot of the tricks to try and stretch the headgear, but it never worked. Others have modified it because they love the nasal interface part so much.

The P10s big advantage is the way they diffused the venting. That mask is so freakin' quiet. And the vent is soft so there's no noise against the sheets. That would be a plus for you as a side sleeper.

The Nuance does not go into the nostrils, but sits on the outside. There's a little nubbin that kinda goes in but nothing like most of the nasal pillows. It sits well on the face and doesn't get knocked out of place. I slept on my side a lot with it. It stayed in place with my high pressures just fine.

If your head fits the P10 and you want the quiet, try that one. But if you are like 99.9% of the population and your head does not fit it, then go with the Nuance. They are both great masks but with headgear quirks.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
P10 review thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AirFit-P10
It's a long thread, though.

Nuance review thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ask-Review
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tried both and ended up sticking with the Nuance pro. Only mask that gives me zero leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
P10 adjustment takes a bit of getting used to and is not intuitive if you don't have someone tell you how to do it: there are two straps on the back and to make it looser, you actually spread the straps. I often go to sleep with one practically on top of my head and the other almost on my neck. If it's too loose, you start to push the straps toward the middle.

If you just put it on like a normal headband and don't spread it, you're likely going to be in for a bad time unless you have a really small head.
Post Reply Post Reply
spreading it also increases the stability. I *do* have a small head but wear them spread after pulling my hair in between them. If they sit on top of the hair, i would have to wear them together and it slips around a lot more. Incidentally, spreading them decreases the size difference in heads a bit, since it isn't really going around as much of the head Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I experienced a significant improvement in leaks, comfort and AHI going from Swift FX to the P10. It's worth trying a different mask. You won't miss that jet of air from the FX and the relatively heavy barrel where the hose connects.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I prefer the Nuance fabric model to the Nuance Pro, and to the P10. I'm a fairly active sleeper, side to back to other side several times a night,
and I have yet to dislodge the Nuance. My P10 was flying all over the room. Smile

I get good AHIs and zero leaks with the Nuance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been on therapy for 2 months now. First month I used the Swift FX, and the second month the P10's. I am mostly a side sleeper and have woken up several times hearing big air leaks from the P10's from moving around in bed.

I went back to the Swift FX last night and found it felt that it stayed put on my face much better than the P10's and did not have any known leaks. I wish the air diffuser was more like the P10's, but think I'll probably end up ordering the Swift FX's For Her as soon as my doc writes my permanent script for my CPAP machine. I like the look of the Nuance Pro mask, but unless I can trial it first, I'll probably stick with the Swift.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there - I am relatively new to this CPAP form of life. I have a Respironic Nuance Pro for 10 weeks. I sleep on my side but it would always leak due to the pillow pressure affecting the "fit" of the mask. I have got a chip strap (two weeks ago) and now find the leaks have been much reduced (and confimed by Sleepy Head) and the mask and chin strap hold their positions. I have a beard so this is what the Sleep Clinic gave me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,456 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,783 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,324 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.