Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should I try the Airfit P10 or Resp Nuance mask
RE: Should I try the Airfit P10 or Resp Nuance mask
I have been using the P10 on my first week and first experience with Airsense 10. It is very comfortable and quiet. I notice air leak levels increasing to 19, 23, 25 l/minute the last three nights. Is this a problem and how to adjust to limit leaks? It is comfortable and would like to avoid having a larger more restrictive unit if possible. Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest trying Respironics DreamWear. I switched from ResMed Swift FX and found the DreamWear to be much, much more comfy with half the leaks I experienced before.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nuance
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 11:34 AM)rfin16 Wrote: I have been using the P10 on my first week and first experience with Airsense 10. It is very comfortable and quiet. I notice air leak levels increasing to 19, 23, 25 l/minute the last three nights. Is this a problem and how to adjust to limit leaks? It is comfortable and would like to avoid having a larger more restrictive unit if possible. Thank you for your help.

I have the same set up as you @rfin16 and this is my first CPAP machine and I have only been using it for 5 nights so far.

I have found the AirFit P10 nasal pillows to be comfortable and quiet as well. I was thinking that the whole CPAP process was going to be quite intrusive but I have adjusted well and am pleasantly surprised.

I dont think that I have had too many leaks except perhaps for the first couple of nights when I wasnt sure how to seal them properly.

I am lucky I don't more around too much at night and so the nasal pillows are pretty much in place and sealed from when I go to sleep until I wake up in the morning. However, it will be interesting to see the data when I go back in 10 days to see if I am in fact leaking and I dont know it Dont-know

I have found P10 pillows so quiet that sometimes I dont know if it is even working but when I take them off I can feel the air blow very well.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 10:45 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: I suggest trying Respironics DreamWear. I switched from ResMed Swift FX and found the DreamWear to be much, much more comfy with half the leaks I experienced before.

I was thinking of trying it but am curious, as a side sleeper, is the tubing near the cheeks ever squished as a result of sleeping on your side??
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 10:21 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: I was thinking of trying it but am curious, as a side sleeper, is the tubing near the cheeks ever squished as a result of sleeping on your side??

I'm a 50/50 sleeper.
Yes, the tubing gets squished. No, it does not matter. For one thing, I don't think that on a pillow a tube gets squished so hard as to stop the flow through it. Even so; there are two tubes (one on each side) and there is no way to squish both at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Diane1048! Sounds like you are adapting to therapy well.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I went for the minimalist ResMed P10. The less I can put on my face, the better, is my thought. After a year or more with a medium P10, I decided to jump to the large pillows. Now it's spectacular, but my experience with the large back then was not good.

Of course, with the P10, when I'm awake at 3am or so I make sure to spread those back straps way out when I try to get back to sleep.

I just ordered a new one. Now I don't mind experimenting with Velcro-adjustments to the back strap to see if there's any way to improve it.

For me, less is best... and I'm not sure that there will ever be anything less than a P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I generally find the minimalist design to be the best possibility. I have had some moisture problems which I have addressed elsewhere. But last night, the moisture seems to cause a popping in one side of the P10. At least I think it was the moisture. It might have been something else.

Has anyone else had that kind of problem? It does make it a bit difficult to get back to sleep. Is there a way to solve this (aside from addressing the moisture which I will do as well). Or should I look to another nasal pillow style?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 11:24 AM)GPSMapNut Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 10:21 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: I was thinking of trying it but am curious, as a side sleeper, is the tubing near the cheeks ever squished as a result of sleeping on your side??

I'm a 50/50 sleeper.
Yes, the tubing gets squished. No, it does not matter. For one thing, I don't think that on a pillow a tube gets squished so hard as to stop the flow through it. Even so; there are two tubes (one on each side) and there is no way to squish both at the same time.

True.. the tubing does get squished but doesn't stop the air flow. Nothing to be concerned about there.

However, I didn't like the Dreamwear mask and after a few nights went back to the Airfit P10. I felt like I was sleeping on a inner tube with the DW, and the small plastic side felt like it was digging into my cheek. Not comfortable for me at all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 246 9 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,521 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,549 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,483 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,906 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,262 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,709 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.