Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Should donations to candidates or political party be banned?
This poll is closed.
Yes
75.00%
3 75.00%
No
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should donations to candidates or political party be banned?
Should donations to candidates or political party be banned from private individuals and organization
Please vote and make a comment one way or the other
All opinions are valued
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2012, 04:18 PM)zonk Wrote: Should donations to candidates or political party be banned from private individuals and organization
Please vote and make a comment one way or the other
All opinions are valued
Thanks

I see the question but where is the poll for registering votes?
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2012, 04:24 PM)Netskier Wrote: I see the question but where is the poll for registering votes?
I can see it, just above the question

Post Reply Post Reply

(03-21-2012, 04:47 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 04:24 PM)Netskier Wrote: I see the question but where is the poll for registering votes?
I can see it, just above the question
Now I can see it, and that I also need more sleep. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
the question as written is just way too broad to answer as one single question so i will not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2012, 05:30 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: the question as written is just way too broad to answer as one single question so i will not.
What options would you like to add
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

(03-21-2012, 05:55 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 05:30 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: the question as written is just way too broad to answer as one single question so i will not.
Thanks

you're asking basically should candidates or parties be able to get donations from any source. the question would be better if it was split between candidates and parties and split between individuals and organizations.

should organizations be allowed to donate to political parties?
should individuals be allowed to donate to political parties?
should organizations be allowed to donate to candidates?
should individuals be allowed to donate to candidates?

it's hard for me to answer them four questions you are really asking with one yes or no answer. my answer would be individuals can donate to political parties and candidates and organizations can not. i hope you understand what i'm saying. i think it would be crazy to have no donations at all and equally crazy to leave it wide open. to add the 4 options wouldn't work either, picking one. i'm not sure how you would put this in one poll and have one answer. such a broad question might be better served with comments and no poll. someone may have a different answer to each question. this is only my opinion and i don't really have a good answer. thanks for asking.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2012, 07:55 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 05:55 PM)zonk Wrote:
Thanks

you're asking basically should candidates or parties be able to get donations from any source. the question would be better if it was split between candidates and parties and split between individuals and organizations.

should organizations be allowed to donate to political parties?
should individuals be allowed to donate to political parties?
should organizations be allowed to donate to candidates?
should individuals be allowed to donate to candidates?

it's hard for me to answer them four questions you are really asking with one yes or no answer. my answer would be individuals can donate to political parties and candidates and organizations can not. i hope you understand what i'm saying. i think it would be crazy to have no donations at all and equally crazy to leave it wide open. to add the 4 options wouldn't work either, picking one. i'm not sure how you would put this in one poll and have one answer. such a broad question might be better served with comments and no poll. someone may have a different answer to each question. this is only my opinion and i don't really have a good answer. thanks for asking.

I agree.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t wish to donate to my local member of parliament or his party
It,s enough that I pay his wages together of millions of tax payers
He is a public servant elected by the people to serve the people and if he wished to be paid by some private rich individual or big co-operations than he should quit to be my elected representative and go work for them
Definitely he can not serve two masters without conflict of interest
....................................................................................................

Conservative Party co-treasurer offered access to the prime minister and chancellor for £250,000, the Sunday Times has alleged.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17501618
.....................................................................................................

Post Reply Post Reply

I disagree with all that. What benefit would I get out of donating to an American politician? Big Grin

I say "More Nukes" and why not, the worlds gone to the dogs most of the countries money goes on war so the bloody taxes go through the roof, I not sure about the US but this country is a joke but not to worry lets just put the tax's up again on food or even better on fuel. Not sure if its still around 50c a litre but over here it will cost you around $3.00 a litre. So who needs poiticians, More Nukes then hopefully someone will press the bloody button!!!

More Tea VicarDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply