Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Should i try this?
Should i try this?
Thanks to Sleepyhead and this forum (certainly not the NHS) i have discovered that my sleep apnea is very heavily influenced by a supine sleep position. I have trained myself to not sleep on my back and usually have scores of zero. This has led to me thinking that should i try a night and set the pressures to absolute minimum and see if i have events. Or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should i try this?
I suggest you look at your average 90% pressure reading for the time frame you have been sleeping on your side and use that as a guide. The rule of thump I have seen repeatedly is 2 cm/H2O below the 90% pressure.  You may want to lower your max pressure as well.

If you post recent SleepyHead data the real experts on the forum will be able to give you more specific guidance.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should i try this?
(03-09-2017, 01:45 PM)Johnboy Wrote: Thanks to Sleepyhead and this forum (certainly not the NHS) i have discovered that my sleep apnea is very heavily influenced by a supine sleep position. I have trained myself to not sleep on my back and usually have scores of zero. This has led to me thinking that should i try a night and set the pressures to absolute minimum and see if i have events. Or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks

If you set that Apap at absolute minimum, meaning 4cm......you will most likely experience more apneas. Where does your 90% pressure fall? Set your range around that pressure (like herding sheep), keep it contained. Set to 2cm below and 2cm above the 90% pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.