Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Side Sleeping
RE: Side Sleeping
New pillow in December, when did your troubles start? is the pillow a different resistance, thickness or even material, Is your neck now at a different angle even slightly? As we all know small changes can have big and often unexpected results.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 05:40 PM)plasticplumber Wrote: New pillow in December, when did your troubles start? is the pillow a different resistance, thickness or even material, Is your neck now at a different angle even slightly? As we all know small changes can have big and often unexpected results.

long before December and that is why we got new bed stuff. Good thought though. I just about think that it is stress related.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just gotta add - I hate being old enough that I can hurt myself while sleeping - that's just so wrong~!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 05:51 PM)me50 Wrote: long before December and that is why we got new bed stuff. Good thought though. I just about think that it is stress related.

If there is extra stress going on (which it sounds like from your earlier post), that can definitely be a cause.

Stress will do funny stuff to us. I find that if the stress trigger can be related to your normal 'comfort' and sleeping on that side is part of your normal 'comfort', then being in that position might cause your brain to work/think too much about it. The new position of being on your back might be just enough of a distraction to keep the thoughts of the stress trigger sufficiently away to fall asleep.

Before CPAP, I often found that if I concentrate on my breathing it could keep those negative thoughts at bay. I think that when I started CPAP, it was a little easier as it made me concentrate on my breathing and thus helped get thoughts out of my head and into sleep instead of worrying about sleeping with a mask on my face.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 400 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 804 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 247 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.