Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Side sleeping trainer?
Side sleeping trainer?
I'm researching how I can maintain a side sleeping position to see if it helps my OSA while using a CPAP or Bi-Level PAP machine.

I came across this trainer.

https://www.healthylivin.solutions/produ...-sleep-aid

Has anyone tried this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Side sleeping trainer?
I have not tried this, but it looks worth a try.  If you do try it out, please let us know the results.  I have thought about something similar, as I am told my events are lower when I sleep on my side (I normally sleep on my back).
Post Reply Post Reply
I have access to an all-in-one orientation sensor with a data acquisition system in a 3"x1.2"X0.6" package.

I have used it at work, so I know how to track orientation over 8 hours and plot the data.

I plan to tape it to my chest for the night and see if I can correlate the timestamp when apneas were recorded on my CPAP with the orientation readout of the sensor at that time.
Post Reply Post Reply
MIT is doing some interesting research on monitoring sleep position.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/scyue/projects/bodycompass/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 9 88 2 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 174 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 641 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 527 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,095 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 999 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 516 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.