Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Silicon Valleys driver filename
Silicon Valleys driver filename
I have downloaded oximeter CMS50F driver for Oscar last autumn 2019. And it works. But now I want get another computer to work with oximeter. So I want to copy the driver from this computer to another. I have Linux. And I remember that file is somewhere /usr/lib/ or /usr/share/lib/. Can you name the file to that oximeter?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Silicon Valleys driver filename
Maybe post this in the Software section.
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread has been moved from the Main forum to the Software forum.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The driver for the SliconLabs chip is already in the Linux kernel. You can't copy it over unless you have the exact same kernel in both machines, and you don't need to to because it's already there.

It doesn't get loaded until you plug in your CMS50F; then you will see a cp310x listed when you use the lsmod command.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Ubuntu 20.4 on laptop. And Oscar 1.1.0 installed to it. Oscar don't see CMS50F oximeter data with USB-cable... And with Kubuntu 18.04 where is Silicon Valleys drivers somewhere in lib directory CMS50F works with Oscar 1.1.0 or 1.1.1.
Post Reply Post Reply
on each system, enter
find /lib/modules -name "cp210*

You should get something like this: (but my Ubuntu 18.04 has the kernel as 4.15.99 and 4.15.101)

phil@AmyDee:~$ find /lib/modules -name cp210*
/lib/modules/4.9.0-12-amd64/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/cp210x.ko
/lib/modules/4.9.0-11-amd64/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/cp210x.ko
phil@AmyDee:~$
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR for Apple silicon M2 HappySailor 4 838 09-20-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  Migrate OSCAR and data from Intel Mac to Silicon Mac darral.freund 4 737 03-31-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Get Spo2 Assistant to connect to a CMS50F Pulse Oximeter running on a Silicon Mac darral.freund 1 1,124 03-26-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Mac - updated driver for CMS50F CP210x Jeff8356 0 865 12-30-2020, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  CMS50I Firmware, Driver (LInux) questions slowriter 28 3,209 11-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Driver won't install for new CMS50F oximeter picante 2 1,813 01-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Jon Galt
Thumbsup Resmed Air 10 Oximetry MAC Driver For Sleepyhead ? BlueJay22 5 1,579 09-15-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.