Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Silly newbie question about Flashpap
Silly newbie question about Flashpap
In trying to configure Flashpap , I put my Flashair card in my MacBook slot.

The setup dialog box asks for the IP address/host name of the card but I have no clue where to find that.  I hit scan for it and that comes up empty too.

I’m sure I am missing something pretty basic  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Silly newbie question about Flashpap
Go into the settings for your router and look for your FlashAir card’s MAC address in the connected devices section. The MAC address is printed on the FlashAir card, although you may need a magnifying glass to read it. It is best to reserve the IP address to the FlashAir card after you find it in order to prevent conflicts in the future.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Silly newbie question about Flashpap
Here is something I came up with to help.  It may be over simple.

First, you will need to gather some information before performing any edits to this file.  I've listed all the information that I can think of below.  You may wish to write all the answers down as you proceed through the steps. I have enclosed the FlashAir's parameter name that is associated with each step in brackets.

Initial Steps:
  1. Obtain your wireless network name (SSID). [APPSSID}  - This name is case sensitive.
  2. The password to connect to this network. [APPNETWORKKEY] - Again, case sensitive.
  3. The network IP address. Use the Router's address to determine this. Example: If your router's IP is, 192.168.1.1, then your network is, 192.168.1.(1 to 254) network.
  4. Make sure that you have the 2.4GHz network turned on your access point.   Some routers have it turned off nowadays.
  5. Look in your router's configuration to see if there is a 20MHz bandwidth option. If so, turn it on.  FlashAir only operates in the bandwidth.  Netgear router's use a checkbox with the wording of, "Enable 20/40 MHz" Coexistence" in the Advanced->Advanced Setup->Wireless Settings section.
  6. Find an IP address that is not in use on your network. [IP_Address]
    1. To do this, open a terminal window. Start by picking a number, let's say from 50 to 75. - (Note: I'm going to use 192.168.1.50 as an example only).  
      Based on your OS, type the following in the terminal's command prompt:
      • Windows OS: ping 192.168.1.50
        or
      • Linux or Mac OS: ping -c 3 192.168.1.50
        Note: If you don't put the "-c 3" in the command, it will keep pinging until you stop it by pressing the "ESC"(escape) key.
    2. Keep repeating this step until you find an address the doesn't respond or times out.  To see how an existing IP appears, try pinging the router's address.  Remember, we are looking for one that is NOT in use.
  7. Pick a name for your CPAP. [APPNAME]
    This has to be one word. If you want more than one word, you must connect them with an underline.
    Example: Good: My_CPAP(1 word)  -  Bad: My CPAP (2 words)  You might try: AS10.

Armed with the information obtained from above, you are ready to setup the CONFIG file.

A word of caution using an editor: The Windows OS uses a pair of CR and LF characters to terminate lines. OS X (Mac) and Linux use a LF character only. The use of a LF only will cause problems with this file.  FlashAir uses both LF and CR to read a line of code.  Most Mac and Linux editors offer the Windows line termination in their options/prefference section. I've seen this option listed two different ways. One was listed as "CR/LF" and the other was listed as"Windows".  

CONFIG File Setup:
This is the boilerplate parameter code to use in the CONFIG file.  No further lines of code or parameters are necessary.  I've placed this in a code block so you may copy it and paste it i the CONFIG file.  I have marked any parameter requiring data obtained from the steps above with the following, **** Enter ----- Here ****.  Remember to delete this text when replacing it with the actual values.
Code:
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=**** Enter the unused IP Here ****
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=**** Enter Device Name Here ****
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNETWORKKEY=**** Enter WiFi Network Password Here ****
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=**** Enter Network (SSID) Name Here ****
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
MASTERCODE=00223f032dca
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0

One final note: Any time you edit this file, the APPNETWORKKEY parameter will be displayed as "*******".  You MUST replace the asterisks with the actual password or the ASCII value for an asterisk will replace the real password and your card will not connect to the network.

That should be it.  You're good to go.  I figure that this will keep you busy for a minute or two. Please report back on any success or failures.

Good Luck!
Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,945 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
Question Newbie to CPAP but going to use OSCAR Jimmy Lotus 4 711 08-31-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar Newbie looking for help weldon123 6 1,030 08-24-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Nehpets
  Oscar newbie here needtobreath 2 439 08-23-2023, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,134 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99
  FlashPAP Won't Open! WSHenry 20 1,573 07-26-2022, 09:23 AM
Last Post: WSHenry
  Newbie. Airsense 11 SD card DeputyDawgAtl 20 12,084 05-15-2022, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.