Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Simplus FF sliding up
Simplus FF sliding up
G'day guys I have updated from a mirage quotro FF to a Simplus FF mask and I do like it very comfortable and have a good seal but after a short time the mask slides up a just enough to get a leak near the bridge of the nose. If I push it down the seal is perfect again . I bought the large size and was wondering if maybe the medium would solve this problem. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Simplus FF sliding up
(09-25-2015, 05:46 AM)ramjet Wrote: G'day guys I have updated from a mirage quatro FF to a Simplus FF mask and I do like it very comfortable and have a good seal but after a short time the mask slides up a just enough to get a leak near the bridge of the nose. If I push it down the seal is perfect again . I bought the large size and was wondering if maybe the medium would solve this problem. Thanks

Hi ramjet, It is a very large face indeed that requires a large size Simplus mask. I use a medium, so does my brother. However having said that, I think a smaller mask may fit your face better, but you may have to make a use my "Woozle" chin strap to eliminate the problem of your mask riding up. Scroll down to the last update for latest information.

[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
The Woozle chin strap works great, I made 2 of them out of some old head gear and use it on my Simplus and Airfit F10.
Post Reply Post Reply
You likely need a size smaller cushion. Also try loosening the straps that go over the top of your head just a bit
Post Reply Post Reply
lI had the exact same issue until I changed from a Large to a Medium! Have not tried the woozle.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I used that mask I would pull down on the back of the headgear to get the mask to ride lower, you might give that a try. And yep medium for me also
Post Reply Post Reply
I made one and it works like a charm.
It's a bit finicky to put on but it has really cut down on my leaks!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Eddie, I moved your post to its own thread. You can find it here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-all-mean
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
There are "tabs" on the inside of the mask around the top of the nose.
When I get a slow leak, I slightly lift the mask with my finger around this area and that seems to relocate / reseat them and fix the leak.
Try this with air pressure on when you notice a leak.

I use large mask because it sits properly on the bridge of the nose. I had the medium one and didn't have leaks but the bridge of my nose was dinted from the mask pressure. My 95% is 19-20 cm H2O.
If its easy to do, try the mask next size down.

Saying that ...
I tried Quattro and had lots of leaks, to fix the leaks I had to put extra padding on the top of the mask ( between the mask frame and mask itself ) to push the mask closer to my face at the bridge of the nose.
The forehead strap was already all the way in. I tried F10 as well but had too much leaks.
I guess different masks are made for different face profiles mine is probably closer to type 4.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for the great response.Thanks

Some great tips to get me started tonight to see if I can fix the problem, by reading your responses it looks like I need to go down a size in cushion which leads me to a new question. Does this meant that the frame is one size fits all and it is the cushion size that determines the s.m.l size? so that I can just buy the next size cushion down to fit in my existing frame. Hope that wasn't a dumb question but not sure.

Thanks again.Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Many simplus cushion hisses asm01asm 2 548 06-18-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Equipment] How do I get ResMed headgear off of F&P Simplus mask to clean? LordHelmet 3 619 12-24-2022, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LordHelmet
  F & P Simplus experience THANK YOU!!!! Dave W 1 516 03-13-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Simplus FF possible alternative? fred987 6 1,003 04-12-2021, 01:38 AM
Last Post: phili175175
  [Equipment] F&P Simplus FF mask + Humidx HME ? Cantab 0 559 01-30-2021, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Cantab
  New Mask Tonight - F&P Simplus Diggers4pg 2 1,041 05-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Diggers4pg
  Best way to clean and deodorize Fisher & Paykel Simplus headgear? PaulKTF 3 1,388 03-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.