Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Simplus FFM Pulls Upwards to Eyes During Sleep
Simplus FFM Pulls Upwards to Eyes During Sleep
Hoping you guys have seen this one before.

I switched to a Simplus FFM the last few nights, and I am struggling with leak. I wake up several times a night and find that I have to pull the mask away from my face and down, and then let it rest against my face to prevent the leaks. Everytime though the entire mask is pushed towards the top of my head, leaking into my eyes.

I am tolerating APAP, and am waking up much earlier than I used to. Still tired during the day, maybe even more so, but overall stamina is improved, if that makes since.

Here are some graphs from last night, just in case anything jumps out.

Thanks for looking.

[Image: iktBJmK.png]
[Image: ni3pnwk.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Simplus FFM Pulls Upwards to Eyes During Sleep
A while back one member came up with a fix for this problem. It consisted of a strap that attached to the mask's lower straps and would run under the chin. As I remember it, his wife was a seamstress and sewed the strap together. You can mimic this strap if you obtain something like Velcro cable ties. These come in 1/2" x 8" & 10" lengths. To locate them, Google "velcro reusable cable ties".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, like a small makeshift strap under the chin?

I actually have some of the velcro straps. Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely give this a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally found the member's post on the chinstrap I refereed to in my previous post.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ap-for-FFM
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
THANK YOU!!!

I actually have the velcro strips that are designed to loop back through themselves to wrap around cables so that they won't get lost, when not fully wrapped around cables. I am thinking I can use those to loop around the mask, or to connect to each other. I will experiment to see which way is more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
So last night was definitely an improvement with the velcro strips attached to the bottom straps, forming a makeshift chin strap.

Thanks for the tip!

There is clearly some leak still happening on occasion, but not nearly to the degree that it was the night before.

I think I am going to buy the buckwheat pillow that was developed on the other CPAP forum, and an IV stand to hold the hose. Hopefully those will take care of the other leak issues that I am seeing.

Thanks

[Image: cyuvNRi.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use a F-P Simplus, and had/still have a bit of the mask sliding up toward my eyes problem. I have modified the upper straps so that they dond pull the mask up so much, and have used Moleskin to interface between the mask's silicone plastic and my face. This has allowed me to loosen the straps considerably. Also, I cut off the "across the top of my head" strap completely so that the upper straps only pull the mask around my head and not up.

If you are interested in some of the other modifications I made to get a good comfortable seal, email me, and I'll send you back some pictures and a description.

PS: I have been using, and trying to get a comfortable fit out of CPAP/BiPAP nasal and full face masks for over 20 years!
Post Reply Post Reply
Having the same problem and early days for me but I am having a bit of success using something my wife made modeled on the pada cheek anti leak strap.

I tried the Velcro strap under the chin but it did not work well for me. I will try again but the strap I mentioned seems to work ok
One thing I did find is that you have to be careful with the Velcro strap, they make a mess of the mask straps if they keep getting attached to it.

Richard

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,057 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,320 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 896 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
Question Pressure on eyes, what could be the reason? newbieusa 4 502 09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 793 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.