Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Simplus and Remzz?
Simplus and Remzz?
Much as I like the Simplus mask I'm getting sick of the way it blows air into my eyes. I have tried to overcome this using a strip of cloth over the bridge of my nose - this is effective but fiddly and often the cloth gets dislodged during the night.

Has anybody used Remzz mask liners with the Simplus, and has it been successful in overcoming the eye problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Simplus and Remzz?
Hello. Yes I use Remzzzs with the Simplus.

Do you know if your main eye problem is with leaks around the top of the mask, or is it with routine venting from the 'air escape plate' (or whatever one should call it!)?

The former I found improved a lot with the liners. The routine venting is of course unpreventable but it's a little less annoying when I try to have as much liner as possible outside the mask at the top edge - this seems to provide a baffle to some degree, but it can be rather fiddly to set up each night.

I guess you are already using methylcellulose eye drops? - I've found them really helpful.

best wishes
...........................................................................................

My current pressures: Auto-ASV. EPAP 12-14. PS 3-11
Post Reply Post Reply
I have really reduced leaks on my Simplus by going from the Small to the Medium and then using 2 liners together. I can get a week or more out of this. Heck, I think my current one is about 2 weeks now.

The Simplus also sits rather low. I keep mine just above the point where it is about to pinch my nose closed. Still comfortable and not restricting. The medium made it so it is almost a chin strap, too.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2016, 07:38 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Much as I like the Simplus mask I'm getting sick of the way it blows air into my eyes.

I use the Simplus to and find that if it leaks a bit from the top I just pull up slightly on both sides of the silicon to re-seat it and that takes care of it. It does like to be low on the nose but I tend to put it up higher and do the finger pull to get it to seal. Works for me, and I never get dry eyes from it.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback, I'll give the Remzz a go.

The air is escaping up the side of the nose, not from the vent. The vent doesn't bother me at all though SWMBO complains about it blowing on her.

I prefer to avoid eye drops of any kind unless it's absolutely necessary. If I can control the leaks then I shouldn't need the drops, but thanks for the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2016, 07:38 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Much as I like the Simplus mask I'm getting sick of the way it blows air intoHas anybody used Remzz mask liners with the Simplus, and has it been successful in overcoming the eye problem?

I've switched to the Simplus and must use a liner to reduce leaking into my eyes, and mask fluttering/trumpeting.

The RemZzz instructions say to gently pull on the liner after the mask is installed, to cause the liner to curl away from the face and eyes. I think this works well, but I find it causes the liner to be too stretched out to reuse the next day.

I like to reuse the liner for a week or two, so I am careful not to stretch out the liner at all. When reusing the liner, it will have curled a little on its own, and I put on the liner so the part on my nose curls outward, away from my eyes.

(While on my back with my mouth slightly open, I put on the liner to cover my nose bridge and lower lip first, and then lower the mask onto my face and strap up.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Many simplus cushion hisses asm01asm 2 541 06-18-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Equipment] How do I get ResMed headgear off of F&P Simplus mask to clean? LordHelmet 3 610 12-24-2022, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LordHelmet
  F & P Simplus experience THANK YOU!!!! Dave W 1 511 03-13-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Simplus FF possible alternative? fred987 6 982 04-12-2021, 01:38 AM
Last Post: phili175175
  [Equipment] F&P Simplus FF mask + Humidx HME ? Cantab 0 553 01-30-2021, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Cantab
  New Mask Tonight - F&P Simplus Diggers4pg 2 1,037 05-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Diggers4pg
  Best way to clean and deodorize Fisher & Paykel Simplus headgear? PaulKTF 3 1,375 03-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.