Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Simplus is mangling my face.
Simplus is mangling my face.
I need a FFM, because I sometimes mouth breathe in my sleep. My Simplus is not a big leaker, but it is leaving permanent marks around my nose and mouth, and it's ageing my looks a lot. I have a pad-a-cheek on it, and it's not bolted down tight. I don't know what to do. Does anyone else here have this issue with their FFM, and if so, how do I remedy it.

Thank you, kindly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Simplus is mangling my face.
If you have not tried the Amara View (hybrid) full face mask give it a try. The reasons you mention are the same ones that convinced me to try the View. The view is a little harder to adjust properly to minimize leaks, but it is quite nice once you get the hang of it, and no marks on the face or near the eyes (my problem). The head straps are a little thin on the View but not too bad.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2015, 07:58 PM)foss Wrote: If you have not tried the Amara View (hybrid) full face mask give it a try. The reasons you mention are the same ones that convinced me to try the View. The view is a little harder to adjust properly to minimize leaks, but it is quite nice once you get the hang of it, and no marks on the face or near the eyes (my problem). The head straps are a little thin on the View but not too bad.

Jeff

I agree with Jeff! I also use the Amara View just make sure that you get the correct size cushion. I almost gave up on it because they gave me the wrong size however I know really like the mask. I do make my own liner for it out of an old cotton shirt. My AHI was 0.6 last night. I have struggled with the Quattro Air and also had marKs on my face , nose and puffy eyes!
Good luck and try the Amara View!
Post Reply Post Reply
Never had that trouble with the simplus.
If its leaving marks i doubt you will find a ffm that doeznt.
Might try a fit life total face. They dont leave marks that last more than a few min
Post Reply Post Reply
I just looked at the Fit Life Full Face Mask. It is really a FULL FACE mask. I wore something like those back when I worked in industry. I am not sure I would like to wear one while sleeping.....
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2015, 10:36 PM)foss Wrote: I just looked at the Fit Life Full Face Mask. It is really a FULL FACE mask. I wore something like those back when I worked in industry. I am not sure I would like to wear one while sleeping.....

Actually the fitlife is a very comfortable mask. Was my first and though I use an Eson nasal now, I have a Simplus and two Fitlifes.
They look huge, but they also do away with sore nose bridges, puffed cheeks, marks, etc.
I have a specific reason i tend to use the Simplus if i need a Ffm. But honestly the fitlife izis really good masking
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2015, 01:37 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 10:36 PM)foss Wrote: I just looked at the Fit Life Full Face Mask. It is really a FULL FACE mask. I wore something like those back when I worked in industry. I am not sure I would like to wear one while sleeping.....

Actually the fitlife is a very comfortable mask. Was my first and though I use an Eson nasal now, I have a Simplus and two Fitlifes.
They look huge, but they also do away with sore nose bridges, puffed cheeks, marks, etc.
I have a specific reason i tend to use the Simplus if i need a Ffm. But honestly the fitlife izis really good masking

I am a side and stomach sleeper, and I have heard the fitlife is bad for that. Sad
I tried the Amara View. It's not for me. It leaks like mad.

I might try a cloth mask. I can return it if it doesn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a belly sleeper but stay on my side almist constantly. Never had trouble with Fitlife for sude sleeping. Everyone is different though
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in the same boat, every mask either leaked with rates over 40, or left marks on my face, one of my Quatro's caused the bridge of my nose to be bloody............. I switched to an awesome DME company and they hooked me up with the Amara View, in combination with a CPAP pillow {shaped like a puzzle piece}. As a side / stomach sleeper, this combo was magic. The mask seal is near perfect {once adjusted right} and the mask fits nicely into the side pillow cut out. I am consistently sleeping 8+ hours a night now. Good luck !

Post Reply Post Reply
If you only sometimes open your mouth, you may want to consider using a chin strap and nasal pillows. Especially if you are sleeping on your side. If you are opening your mouth vs lip leaking, the chin strap should work for you.

I use the Simplus as well and don't have the mask itself leaving marks. The straps do sometimes but not the cushion. Have you washed it since you got it? Have you checked to make sure you have the right size? And I wonder if it is some sort of allergy. Try using a liner for a week or so and see if it clears up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 400 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 749 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.