Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Simplus mask question
Simplus mask question
I have been looking at full face masks because I have a hard time stopping myself from mouth breathing and even if I can continue to use my P10, as a back up for stuffy nose days. I heard that for sizing the small size is for 9.5cm from the bridge of your nose to under the mouth. I measured that distance at 9cm. My question is, if the mask sits below that little dip below your mouth, and more on the chin, will it ride up and leak air into my eyes? I'm just imagining things here, I've never worn a FFM. I'd like to go with the Simplus because it has good reviews and it's the best priced one I can find ( I have to pay out of pocket).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Simplus mask question
I use a Simplus that is a little large without any problems. With that said, your facial features will determine if it will work or not. The medium and large mask use the same headgear/frame so moving between these two just involves buying the other size mask which saves some money. I don't know if the small and x-small use the same headgear/frame.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't seen an extra small option anywhere, so I might try the small and hope for the best.

Are you happy with the Simplus, Crimson?

Also, how long does the cushion last on average?
Post Reply Post Reply
Simplus comes in small medium and large cushion sizes that all use the same frame.

I have one that I use with bad colds etc.
Very comfortable, very good seal. They do ride a shade lower than other ffm.
When I used it full time I got about 3 months on a cushion. Though most would change sooner than that.

My min pressure with a gem is 13.
Max 18. I didn't have leak problems. But at 17 did have to cinch it down a bit tighter. Still comfortable though.

With a pressure of 13 or lower leaks shouldn't be any problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2016, 10:21 PM)Russatrice Wrote: Are you happy with the Simplus, Crimson?

I;m very happy with it. I get bored using one mask and switch around. I've had the same mask cushions since September, 2014. . . I get my money's worth out of a mask.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2016, 11:43 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 10:21 PM)Russatrice Wrote: Are you happy with the Simplus, Crimson?

I;m very happy with it. I get bored using one mask and switch around. I've had the same mask cushions since September, 2014. . . I get my money's worth out of a mask.

Ha! I was just thinking, it will probably last me longer than a couple months. I used the nasal pillow for six month before changing it, but kept the old one, as I think it would still be good enough. Slightly higher leaks maybe, but totally usable.
We frugal folks know how to do this, eh?

Post Reply Post Reply
The Simplus is my preferred mask, though it does leak into the eyes. I've overcome this by putting a couple of layers of flanelette over the bridge of my nose. The mask rests on the fabric and leaks are eliminated. You need to get the fabric positioned just right, otherwise the fabric itself might touch the eye.

The other issue with this mask is the face fart, which tends to happen at high pressure if the tension on the headgear straps isn't properly balanced.

These issue aside, I really do like this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to use the Simplus and it used to leak around my eyes until I learned a little trick. Get it all set and under pressure, lift it slightly off your face, move it slightly towards your eyes, set the mask just onto your nose, pull slightly towards your chin while pushing it onto your nose, set the mask onto your chin. This should roll the sealing flap where it rides on your nose and give you a better seal. YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome tips, thank you, guys. I've been planning on making a mask liner once I get it, and perhaps add a homemade chin strap if necessary. It's like customizing a car, but much less exciting, lol.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 111 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 467 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 324 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 423 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 576 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Equipment] Many simplus cushion hisses asm01asm 2 541 06-18-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Newbie Question about mask and hose compatability stalemate365 0 374 05-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: stalemate365

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.