Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Since having started on my CPAP machine
Since having started on my CPAP machine
on Sept. 10th, my wife says I've stopped snoring. That in and of itself, is a big deal. I was a loud snorer at times. Enough to wake my wife from a dead sleep. She kind of got used to it, but says it's soooo much nicer now that I have stopped. 

The other thing is that I've started weening myself off of OTC sleep aids. Specifically, Diphenhydramine HCI, 50 mg soft gel capsules. I usually took two at a time.  Unsure

I've been taking them for a couple of years now. Even if I felt that they may not be necessary. It became a habit to try and insure a good night's sleep. I've still been taking them while using my CPAP machine.......out of habit. 

Tonight will be my 3rd night in a row w/o them. I'm kind of on a mission now. I really want to stop using them. I was going to wait and let my CPAP machine hopefully take it's course naturally. But, I thought I'd chip in some and hurry up the process. 

Just kind of curious if anyone else is dealing with the same issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Since having started on my CPAP machine
I doubt it. Sleep apnea doesnt magically disappear one day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Big Guy,
               Your cpap machine, and it is a good one in dealing with your Sleep Apnea well by the looks of it, (not seen any charts yet) but the snoring has stopped and I hope you are more refreshed in the morning now you are on cpap.  It is better if you leave the sleeping drugs alone, they can mask the real problem.  Stopped snoring is good and you might find a lot of people found the same.  Doctors do not always go down the right road right away dishing out sleeping drugs etc instead of doing a sleep study.  However, they only have the information you give them to go on and sometimes we are hard on the doctors saying why didn't they know it was Sleep Apnea?
Now that you are on CPAP you should be finding you are more refreshed in the mornings and this will only get better.
Your wife will be happier as well as you have stopped snoring and your mood might be a bit better as well.
Sleep-well
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2018, 11:53 PM)crowtor Wrote: I doubt it. Sleep apnea doesnt magically disappear one day.

I'm not sure how to take your response. I said nothing about my sleep apnea going away. I said that since having started using a CPAP machine, I have stopped snoring. 

The second issue I raised was my trying to ween myself off of OTC sleep aids.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,042 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 103 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 399 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 831 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.