Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sinus Infection
Sinus Infection
Day #3 of a really bad (getting worse) sinus infection.

It is behind my left eye. There is pressure. When I lean down, it feels like my eye might pop out of the socket. It really hurts.

I just started mucinex tonight. Hoping that helps. My left nostril and eye are weeping constantly now.

If it gets any worse, I am heading to the doc on Tuesday. blah. g

Should I be stopping cpap therapy while this is going on?

Any advice on treating sinus infections?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sinus Infection
Hi cowboy1970,
You shouldn't stop using CPAP if you can help it.
I have read here on the board that it is recommended to get a full-face mask when you havd a bad cold or sinus infection.
Hope you get to feelin' better and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2013, 02:14 AM)cowboy1970 Wrote: Day #3 of a really bad (getting worse) sinus infection.

It is behind my left eye. There is pressure. When I lean down, it feels like my eye might pop out of the socket. It really hurts.

I just started mucinex tonight. Hoping that helps. My left nostril and eye are weeping constantly now.

If it gets any worse, I am heading to the doc on Tuesday. blah. g

Should I be stopping cpap therapy while this is going on?

Any advice on treating sinus infections?

I too have sinus problems and find using an antihistamine helps considerably.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Mmmhmmm.
I started using the FitLife mask because it maintains hose pressure on your eyeballs.
My eyeballs started swelling up real bad after each night's treatment.
That might give you some relief *if* you can wear that total face mask without leaks.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, you should and MUST clean your mask every day until you are over the sinus infection. When I get a new mask, I keep the old one as a spare. When I had my sinus infection, I just alternated the masks and didn't have any problems. I have a full face mask so I can breath thru my mouth without any problems. One thing I have noticed is that since I have gone to the FFM my allergies have also been down. I attribute that to the filter in the system which I change every so often.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
Right now I probably have a sinus thing going on. My left side of my nose feels pressure and this morning it moved up to the top corner of my nose by my eye and brow. I took one Excedrin and feel better. I was told a nettie pot is good with the proper water. The same distilled water I use for my C-pap. I have only had two sinus infections in allll my life, this being the second. Antihistimines are my last choice because they cause dry eye to be worse, and vision blurry. Any other remedies? Hot compresses? cold? what?
Post Reply Post Reply
Because of allergies, I have sinus issues as well. BUT I feel using the CPAP actually helps. I crank up the humidifier.

The only thing to treat sinus infection is antibiotics. It won't truly go away on its own but fade and return. Get thee to a doc.

A few years ago I had a bad bout of bronchitis/pneumonia. I realized how well I felt in the morning then slowly felt crappy as the day went on. We got me a small desk humidifier that uses a regular water bottle. That really helped! My doc liked the idea, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What did people dooooo without antibiotics, such as my mother and Grandmother? It could also be the curry I ate in my dinner. I love curry and it is good for you but also gives me a tender head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input, everyone. I started the max strength night and day Mucinex last night. Had an absolutely horrible night of swelling and pain. Which almost kept me home today. My wife and kids are Choctaw and today was a family outing to Tillicum Village. It was sponsored by the local Puyallup tribe that we participate with. They took us on an Argosy cruise ship out to this island and fed us fresh smoked salmon and clams and stuff.

My Mucinex finally started working when we reached the island, so I am glad I didn't bail. You can see in this first pic that my left eye is very swollen. That's the fam. The third pic is fresh salmon smoking in open fire pits. That last photo was just after I stood with my back to that totem and proclaimed, "You know what this place needs is a huge totem of a bear showing his nuts!" My wife laughed so hard. She said put your hands back up like that and took a pic. Laugh-a-lot

[Image: 00smsalmon2.jpg]
[Image: 00smsalmon3.jpg]
[Image: 00smsalmon.jpg]
[Image: bearnuts.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2013, 09:29 PM)Schnauzers 5 Wrote: What did people dooooo without antibiotics, such as my mother and Grandmother? It could also be the curry I ate in my dinner. I love curry and it is good for you but also gives me a tender head.

Penicillin has been around for a very long time. So has some other natural items that are antibiotics.

What has curry got to do with this topic? Are you saying curry gave you a sinus infection? Curry is to be eaten, not snorted.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Sinus issues during therapy befoulmetalroosa 1 343 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sinus infection / recovering from surgery rpierce 0 349 08-24-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: rpierce
  Humidity and Sinus Infection Columbiabill 2 591 06-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New user with sinus headaches SnoNoMo 6 906 04-20-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constant sinus headache getzall 3 557 02-20-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: getzall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.