Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sinus Infections
Sinus Infections
Since I started treatment a year ago I've been getting pretty regular sinus infections. I have a SoClean machine I use regularly and clean the mask as well. Still I'd get a sinus infection almost every six weeks.

For the last three months I've disabled all humidification and have had zero infections. To be honest I haven't even cleaned the tube in two weeks as a test, gross yes but I don't think anything is growing in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sinus Infections
Yep, same with me. Reduced the humidification and the sinus issues went away. Some of us are cursed. My brother has had a bipap for a decade now, maximum humidification, never a sinus problem.

I clean my tube once a month. However, my mask has this smaller tube attached to it so there's a fair distance between mask and main tube. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2016, 10:48 AM)GingerMan512 Wrote: Since I started treatment a year ago I've been getting pretty regular sinus infections. I have a SoClean machine I use regularly and clean the mask as well. Still I'd get a sinus infection almost every six weeks.

For the last three months I've disabled all humidification and have had zero infections. To be honest I haven't even cleaned the tube in two weeks as a test, gross yes but I don't think anything is growing in there.

Sorry to join this thread late - but DITTO to OP. I've been on cpap for 9 years. The first 8 was on a machine with no humidifer. No problem; I liked it that way. When I got a new Airsense 10 and heated hose, I figured I ought to try humidity.

I got a sinus infection and massive clogging both times I tried it. Twice was enough for me; I turned off the heater, removed the water *and* the water tub, and bought a replacement side panel. No humidity. Much better (and smaller machine for travelling, too! I can use the water-tub's slot in the case, for other prescription meds.)

So -- you are not alone in having those issues. Some do, and some don't, I guess.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been on CPAP now for about 5 years and have not seen an increase in sinus infections. I still get one a year, but now they don't seem as bad. I run my humidifier at 0 most of the time and that just has the machine pass the air over the water in the tank. I usually go two days on the same tank before dumping it. Tank gets cleaned weekly and the mask every other day (when I remember to).

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 211 3 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Sinus issues during therapy befoulmetalroosa 1 344 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sinus infection / recovering from surgery rpierce 0 350 08-24-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: rpierce
  Humidity and Sinus Infection Columbiabill 2 591 06-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New user with sinus headaches SnoNoMo 6 908 04-20-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constant sinus headache getzall 3 557 02-20-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: getzall
  [CPAP] Nasal/sinus issue stargazing 30 2,828 12-23-2022, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stargazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.