Humidifier: Part of S10
CPAP Pressure: 4-21
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Retired engineer - into numbers and technology

Sex: Male

Sinus Problems - maybe
Day 6 with the Resmed S10 for her.
Got a REALLY good nights sleep.

The lanolin and larger P10 pillow did the trick - thanks all.

I seem to be getting a sinus problem. Seems logical with the added air pressure pushing stuff into the sinuses but it could also be just a plain old head cold. Nose is clear - nothing out of the usual.

Anyone else experience the feeling of a sinus headache? Had it for the past 3 days after using the S10. Pressure is 9 (I think this is considered low but do not yet have enough experience).
09-22-2014 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

Sex: Male

RE: Sinus Problems - maybe
9 is probably medium -- up near 20 (maybe above about 15) is high, but there is no general agreement on this.

In the beginning, I did any and everything to keep my nose and passages clear, including using Sudafed, about a gallon of Nostrilla nasal spray, saline irrigation, Flonase/Nasanex, etc.

My sleep doc told me to use anything OTC (according to the label) that I needed, despite there being some warnings for those on heart meds (I am recovered but still taking several.)

CHECK with YOUR doc before you use anything dodgy -- I just called and talked to his nurse who relayed the questions.

The NeilMed Sinugator is the BEST thing I have found but just using a cup of warm saline (snorted) works almost as well and as well or better than things like "neti pots".

The Sinugator comes with some saline packets but once you use those just make your own. (Or save them for travel and make your own saline mix from the start.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
09-22-2014 11:25 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

It is probably just your body continuing to adjust. Or it could be totally unrelated.

Like Herb said, try a nasal rinse. I use Neilmed packets with the Ayr bottle. It was hard to get used to at first but now I love it. Unlike nose sprays, rinses are not "addicting".

You could also try to adjust the humidifier some, too. Sometimes, too much humidity will clog you up just like too little. But I'd start with the nasal rinse, first. See if that helps. Give it a few nights.

Don't do too many "let's try this" things at once or you won't know which one worked!

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-22-2014 10:32 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
journey Offline

New Members

Machine: vpap st Resmed
Mask Make & Model: quattro
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: Auto delta of3
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Make sure you keep your mask, tubing and humidifier real clean
09-24-2014 10:00 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

That is actually not an issue, at least not as much of one as people think. You aren't breathing in any more germs from yourself than you are any other time.

The bigger risk, though, is if it gets really nasty and weird bacteria grows. So while dragging your snotty self out of bed to clean gear may seem like a major effort, it's worth it.

I used to keep a second mask to use for when I was sick. I could clean one and let it air dry while I went back to bed with the one I cleaned from the day before. But I've not gotten sick like that in a long time. And these smaller pillows with smaller frames are easier to dry now.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-24-2014 11:22 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie with Smart Card Reader Problems MissSnuffleupagus 3 153 12-01-2016 09:36 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Occasional problems with exhale relief function SLongridge 1 265 10-24-2016 05:29 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  New to this. Airsense 10 & Sinus issues Caseous 6 466 10-17-2016 06:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeeppp
  Dry Mouth Problems - How to Fix? mjt57 11 1,281 10-13-2016 11:58 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Health] CPAP induced heart problems Rcgop 9 558 10-12-2016 07:08 PM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Sinus Infections GingerMan512 3 460 09-22-2016 01:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  [Health] No CPAP During Sinus Surgery Recovery Sleepster 20 1,555 09-21-2016 07:02 PM
Last Post: Sleepster