Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sinus issues with CPAP
RE: Sinus issues with CPAP
So quick update.
I am currently sleeping with a Full face mask and started to use again heated hose & humidifier at the lowest setting.

It seems that the sinuses and turbinates are not so swollen anymore, but too quickly to judge if everything will resolve, hopefully yes. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update again.
I am still sleeping with full face mask, humidifier at 1 + heated hose.

My sinuses are much better, my nasal mask was not good for my sinuses, with or without humidifier.

I would say that while I was treating sleep apnea from treatment I got sinus issues which couldnt resolve for 2-3 months.
Life and medicine is tricky and complicated sometimes Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick update again.

I went to ENT which is specialized in throat area ( so sleep apnea), but she examines mine sleep apnea + sinuses .

She said that issues are not coming from CPAP.
Sinuses are well opened.

My nasal mucosa is inflamed and creating mucus.

I got antibiotic drops for putting into my nose/sinuses,
+ coldisept nanosilver spray for the nose which is from silver ,
+ I got advice that in my saline solution I add 4 drops of Johnson's baby shampoo.

We are not sure what happened and why my mucosa is so inflamed, I guess that when I had sinus infection in December and January that it didn't heal so good.
I will keep this thread updated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the same problem and am on a waiting list for a CT scan, 8 months thanks to the Canadian health care system. At any rate my MD just said anti histamines and Flonase which works with very limited success, but I use it anyways.My ND put me on oil of oregano which is like a natural antibiotic, she said I have a yeast/fungal sinus infection which is mild but long term. It does not appear to to be working so I wonder if I can try what you are using. I also use nasal pillow and the keep the humidity and temp really low as both of these make it worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
@apnea505 oh, I thought I was waiting long in Croatia, like 3-4 months...
Yeah, I am using antihistamine + mometasone furoate steroid spray. They didn't do a thing in 3 months...

Currently using maxitrol drops- they are intended primarily for eyes, but can be used for nose too.

I was using full face mask in past 10-15 days to prevent more issues , but today will try nasal mask again (Phillips pico one)

You can try baby johnson's shampoo too, just be careful how much do you put it.
For me, it is 4 drops in my rhino horn, which is I think 200 ml, something like that. I have one from aliexpress which is smaller so I am putting 2 drops and then wash one side, then again 2 drops and wash another side..

I am not a bit more sure that issues are not from cpap because I had first infection in December, then January and I am thinking it didn't resolve so good.
Cpap itself is not a problem, but it is not helping for sure.

Be careful with sinus issues. I am 25 years old. Had septoplasty like 2 and a half years ago. 1 and a half year ago FESS + third adenoid surgery.

I advise you to always resolve sinus issues with ENT, not with primary doctor. The best thing is to have record in one clinic and solve everything with them.

I somehow managed to surpass that infection in December and January by solving everything with primary care doctor with oral antibiotic + maxitrol ( i am using steroid nasal spray 95% time of year) , but I went to see my ENT just because she said in past if you have this recurrent sinus issues you need to come here and we need to find what is wrong.

In January i thought my infection is over , but ent saw with the camera yellow mucus so I guess you are not able to tell if you have infection leftovers by yourself or your primary care doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
U P D A T E!

Mine sinus issues were better at beginning of that therapy, then it got worse.

I ordered a sinus ct scan on my own, paid out of the pocket. It seems that wisdom tooth which was not out, it was still in the bone.
The wisdom tooth was placed horizontally, not like normal tooth, I knew for this situation for a long time but everybody told : if it is not creating issues, don't remove it.

I spoke with dentist surgeon and we removed teeth surgically yesterday. CT scan of sinuses showed that sinuses are okay, but that mucosa is inflamed, radiologist wrote that maybe this teeth is creating issues.

So it is not the CPAP, not the sinuses and mucosa. At the end it is small tooth Smile

The tooth was in upper jaw of course!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] I'm new to all of this, and feeling a little overwhelmed. Facing 2 issues right now. VanillaSkyCrawler 6 131 Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Last Post: VanillaSkyCrawler
  SEFAM S BOX ISSUES ANYONE FAMILIER WITH THIS MACHINE??? dizzy1 4 91 04-24-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 84 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 253 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 263 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 166 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 158 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.