Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sitting here with nothing to do
Sitting here with nothing to do
Four days ago my son who is on BiPap at night came down with a sever case of pneumonia. Eight hours after being admitted he was put on a ventilator as he had tired out from breathing with all that junk in his lungs which needless to say was scary as all hell. He was weaned off the vent yesterday evening and was put on BiPap to support his breathing. They've tried to take off the pap today three times and he lasts about two minutes before his sats bottom out. He looks so miserable and they want to put him back on the vent but he says no, so for now as long as his sats stay in the 90's no vent. He is on a way higher pressure with all this than what he's used to at night at home. I went home and got his mask because the one they were using was burping so much from the pressure and being cinched way tight. Hopefully tomorrow brings a better day for him, until then all I can do is sit here and watch him breath, watch the IV's drip and listen to the EKG beep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sitting here with nothing to do
Sorry to hear about your son, I hope everything resolves in time.

Hang in there

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so sorry to hear your son is sick! This sounds awful for him and you! Hugs and prayers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apology-2 to hear about your son. Know that you and your family are in our prayers; Believing all will be fine and he'll be home very soon!

Stay strong... Keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Prayer sent for you and him.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sorry to hear of your son's medical problems. You, your son and your family are in my prayers.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
My heart goes out to you. There is nothing worse than watching one of our children go through any kind of suffering or sickness. Praying for you and your family.
Stay strong.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi brianwood619,
I'm so sorry to hear about your son being sick, and I hope he get better really soon and you take care of yourself, too.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thoughts & prayers.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope your son is on the mend...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I choke awake immediately on my back or sitting up - is this unusual? pkersey 6 996 08-04-2021, 02:51 AM
Last Post: pkersey
  Sitting up, reading and C-Pap getting Air in my Mouth Solar Rays 4 1,466 12-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  sitting on my pitty pot whining k_ogre 10 4,457 04-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.