Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Six Month Checkup & Checking In
Six Month Checkup & Checking In
Just checking in to say that we are going in for my husband's six month checkup soon. He is doing great. His average AHI for the last three months has been 0.8 with leaks totally under control!!

We finally stopped looking at the numbers every morning about a month ago (actually stopped while we were on vacation and realized that had been stressing us out a little). Now I take the card out only once per week.

I used to worry a lot about all of this; watching him sleep; listening to make sure he was breathing, etc. I am the worrier. He is just the very compliant patient. He has a lot more energy after six months on CPAP. He has been getting a lot of exercise and seems in general to be in a much better mood. Needless to say, I am getting a lot more sleep, which is a dream come true after so many years of snoring.

He has also lost 11 pounds since starting CPAP, possibly some is due to the CPAP but mostly I think from more exercise and eating less.

It all seems fairly routine now (but I am not the one who has to wear that mask every night!)

Bottom line, stick with it; it does help; and it seems to get more routine after six months.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Six Month Checkup & Checking In
Hi SPOUSE,
That's great to hear that your husband is doing well. I hope his checkup turns out ok.
Thank you for this very encouraging post.
CONTINUED SUCCESS!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Six Month Checkup & Checking In
Just keep in mind that the S9s only keep the detailed data for the most recent 7 days. Then it just keeps some data (like AHI) but there will be no graphs.

I try to get the data off twice a week. That way if I miss one, I still have a few days left.

So glad everything is working out for him!

And yes, looking at the data every day was like that for me, too. I didn't realize how much I was putting into it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 154 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,038 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 934 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Cpap for 4 month, worked in the beginning but not much now Killiane69 6 605 01-23-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Killiane69
Smile Three month overview outasleep 5 548 11-27-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: outasleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.