Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Six months of CPAP
Six months of CPAP
Hello all
This is my first post on the forum, I would like to cordially greet all. At the beginning sorry for my poor English, I hope that it does not interfere with the understanding of my posts on the forum.
Thank you for such a friendly atmosphere at the forum, I'm glad that everyone is focused on helping even when a given problem has been written on the forum many times. On many forums that moment is referred the questioner to the search engines, and here everyone helps as far as possible to fruition.
Thanks to you my knowledge and awareness of OSA has greatly increased. After reading many posts on the forum I decided to buy 10 AIRSENSE ResMed AutoSet for Her. I use the camera for half a year. I am very happy with it. Regularly using the Sleepyhead, through your entries on the forum learned to use it. At the moment my average AHI is 0.8. We would all thank you, now I also try to be involved in assisting other forum members.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Six months of CPAP
Hi artfro,

Welcome to the forum. Your experience could very well be helpful to other xPAP users.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board artfro, glad you are here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, artfro.

It is good to know Apnea Board posts have helped you to choose a machine and find the settings to use it effectively.

I'm glad you that posted. Welcome to Apnea Board. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, artfro. Welcome to the board.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Artfro! And don't worry about your English, I have no problems understanding it.

Chuck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi artfro,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your warm welcome and a good word. First of all I am glad that the therapy is effective, although in my case, the beginnings were difficult. At the hospital, when determining the pressure and choose the camera failed to establish satisfactory value. The pressure that gave the camera almost choking me, I could not let the air to make exhalation. In turn, establish a lower pressure did not cause a decrease in AHI. A doctor in the extreme when preparing me for higher expenditure - the purchase of the camera BIPAP. But in the end I rented AutoCPAP SleepCube DeVilbiss month for home and slowly I started to get used to sleeping with a mask. It turned out that BIPAP not be necessary.
At the moment I am quite addicted to sleeping with a mask on his face Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi artfro, thanks for sharing your success.

Congratulations on choosing an excellent CPAP machine. I wish ResMed had added the AutoSet For Her therapy mode on all their AutoSet machines, but they didn't. The For Her therapy mode is available only on the AutoSet For Her model.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that most men would prefer the For Her therapy mode, which raises the pressure more gradually, if given the chance to try it.

And I think the For Her mode would be especially helpful in the beginning, when first getting used to breathing under pressure.

In the beginning is also when the doctors often set the Min Pressure too low, and the For Her mode will automatically raise its Min Pressure setting higher (for the rest of the night) when needed.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 289 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 485 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 674 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,029 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.