Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Skin Irritation from headgear
Skin Irritation from headgear
I am using the Mirage Quattro full face mask. Has anyone experienced the back of your neck being irritated by the head gear straps. If so, what was your solution to the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Skin Irritation from headgear
Hi AcmeAce,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't have that problem, but hang in there and others will be along with suggestions,soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Washing the headgear might helps and don,t have it too tight
Post Reply Post Reply
It happens to me occasionally. I wash it and disinfect it (6 drops of bleach per quart of wash water) every month or two and it keeps it from bothering my skin. Your mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dmgks, WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I have washed it before, but will continue to wash it on a regular bases. Thanks for all you input. This is a great place to get help with equipment problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it continues to be a problem, you could try stringing the straps through an old cotton sock. Maybe wash it first..... The sock that is.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a lotion for dry skin that seems to help try it and tell me if it works for you
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2014, 05:24 PM)AcmeAce Wrote: Thanks, I have washed it before, but will continue to wash it on a regular bases. Thanks for all you input. This is a great place to get help with equipment problems.

I don't know this for sure but it seems that if it is too loose that it could rub when you move. If that is part of the problem, just don't make it too tight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 464 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Nose/Nosering Irritation Braven05 8 625 12-18-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 354 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.