Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Skin Tags
Anybody else plagued by an over abundance of skin tags? Mine are usually around the neck or inner thighs. I currently have two right at my shirt collar-line that are driving me crazy and my family doctor can't see me before Friday.

In the past, I've tied them off with some thread - a procedure that my wife will not allow now. She's afraid that I might get an infection. So I got even; she has an appointment right before mine, with the same doctor, to see about getting a referral for a sleep study.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, me too. I've had several removed due to location. I've done the string method on others. As long as no one else can see them or their not in the way of anything, I don't worry about them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get some. If they're visible or irritate me for any other reason I just rinse the nail clippers in alcohol and nip 'em off.
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-03-2012, 12:16 AM)mckevin32 Wrote: I get some. If they're visible or irritate me for any other reason I just rinse the nail clippers in alcohol and nip 'em off.

Doesn't that hurt? I have a low pain threshold. Thumbs-down-1
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2012, 06:20 AM)bobg1946 Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 12:16 AM)mckevin32 Wrote: I get some. If they're visible or irritate me for any other reason I just rinse the nail clippers in alcohol and nip 'em off.

It's all about patient empowerment... in this case, self-surgery... Grin been there, done that too, mckevin... hurts like you-know-what, but it's cheaper than a doc... just have to insure everything's clean and maybe use triple-antibiotic ointment and a band-aide after the fact.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The two I had removed were in delicate places and I didn't want to mess up. Nearly all the others are on my neck and just below the collarbone.
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-03-2012, 06:20 AM)bobg1946 Wrote:

Well, it isn't the kind of thing you want to approach slowly or gently. Hurts like crazy, but only very briefly. Bleeds like you're dying too, but again only for a minute.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since I'm covered by Medicare and the federal BC/BS, I'm going to let the doctor's office take the damn things off. Though I may not have to; my wife had me cover the 'bad' one with a medicated Bandaid to keep it from getting snagged on clothing (and she won't have to look at it). I noticed as I got out of the shower, after playing lumberjack all day, that it's turned black So maybe it will fall off on it's own before Friday - I should be so lucky!
Post Reply Post Reply
Bob..I have used the string method on a couple of occasions. Sometime they work and sometimes they didn;t.
What type of medication did your wife put on the band-aide. It might be something we all could use.

Hopefully it will drop by friday. I suspect it will.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-04-2012, 01:17 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: What type of medication did your wife put on the band-aide. It might be something we all could use.

Actually, the antibiotic is in the bandage itself: "Band-aid Plus Antibiotic" from Johnson & Johnson.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool It's officially spring in Australia - time for a skin check DeepBreathing 3 185 11-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Rcgop