Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Skinny equivalent Philips Wisp?
Skinny equivalent Philips Wisp?
I've been fairly happy with my Philips Wisp nasal mask. But I'd like to find an equivalent mask/headgear that does not have the wider area of material on the back where the straps connect. This is where I continue to have skin reactions after trying every remedy discussed. The one thing I have not found is headgear that has a design with "skinnier" straps (elastic/cloth) against my scalp.

I can't get a clear idea from looking at photos in ads. Any tips?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Skinny equivalent Philips Wisp?
Have you considered using a Resmed P10 nasal pillow mask? The straps are very minimal.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or Philips Respironics Nuance pro gel nasal pillow mask is very minimalist as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
check out the PICO.  same cushion as wisp but the headgear is thinner.  dreamwear might be an option also.
Post Reply Post Reply
The other option would be strap covers of a material you are not sensitive to.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would also recommend looking at video's on youtube for various cpap masks. You get a much better idea of what the mask looks like and how it fits as compared to just photos on a website.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow; multiple good suggestions. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to help me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,859 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,623 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,406 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.