Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help
RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help
Normally I would recommend that you stick with these settings for a number of days, since CAs are notorious for being inconsistent, and it's thus hard to draw conclusions from one night.

But it's also important to get you reasonably comfortable, and it's not entirely clear how many of the CAs are events occurring while you are awake, perhaps just for a short time. If a lot of them fall into that category, then really the problem is that you're awake, not that you're having CAs while you're awake.

So let's see whether EPR of 1, with pressure still at 7.6, helps you feel less air-hungry. It might; the little boost it'll give you when you inhale might improve the subjective feel.

The other important thing to do is to start flonase and try a few nights with the Oxymetazoline. Keep careful track of which nights you use the latter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2020, 12:23 PM)Dormeo Wrote: So let's see whether EPR of 1, with pressure still at 7.6, helps you feel less air-hungry.

The other important thing to do is to start flonase and try a few nights with the Oxymetazoline.  Keep careful track of which nights you use the latter.

Thank you. I'll do it. I just sprayed flonase and will also spray oxymetazoline at bedtime. I predict that I'll sleep like a baby.

One thing I forgot to mention about my nasal passages is that I get hypostatic congestion in my nostrils while on my side. In other words, whichever nostril is down gets restricted by swelling (congestion). I always sleep on my sides and rotate about every hour. When I rotate, the congestion in the (now) top side decreases and the bottom side gets congested. I cycle back and forth all night. I used oxymetazoline so that that the congestion was relieved and I could breathe and sleep well. I'll use it for these studies but I hope I don't need it with CPAP. I hope the positive pressure will overcome the restriction due to congestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept well last night. I did not feel air starved. Oxymetazoline (OMZ) kept my nasal passages open so could breathe easily. I used OTC flonase earlier in the day and OMZ at bedtime.

I hope that someday I can sleep this well or better without OMZ.

We're making progress! Dormeo,  Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad to hear you had a good night. I'd recommend sticking with these settings for a while to see how you adapt.

As I study your charts more closely, I notice that during many of your CA clusters, you show an abatement of flow limitations. This makes me think you may well be awake, or semi-awake during these periods, breathing in the more irregular awake style and re-tightening the tissues lining the airway below the nose. That's fairly speculative, but it would also point to sticking with the present settings for a while.

About the Flonase -- you might want to move the timing closer to your bedtime so you'll be sure to have the full benefits during the night. For what it's worth, I had a fair amount of congestion from a dust mite allergy, and the allergist prescribed Azelastin to be used along with the flonase. Might be worth discussing with your doctor.

Keep us posted, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'll keep settings the same tonight. I'll spray my flonase later in the day tomorrow because I've already done it today. I think you mean that I should use OMZ again today so I'll plan on that unless you tell me otherwise.

I think you are correct about being semi-awake often during the night. I am a light sleeper and every time I turn over, I am aware so I must be semi-awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad things are beginning to fall in place for a reasonable therapy and gaining some restful sleep. The sprays seem to be helpful. Congrats on winning.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave. I am encouraged by my progress. And thanks Apnea Board. You folks are really making a difference in people's lives.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I slept well until leg cramps woke me up about 2:50. It took a while of walking around for the cramps to subside. Then I was awake until after 4AM and slept off and on until I got up. The second session was not a restful sleep. I used flonase and OMZ in my nasal passages.

I'll post the full night detail and the first session detail. My CA's were lower in the first session than they have been. Yay!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It's good to see that the CAs are settled down some during the times when you aren't awake or half asleep. Steady as you go! Do keep us posted. I'm hoping we'll see a point at which you could add some more EPR. Not yet, but who knows, maybe before too long.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dormeo. More EPR is OK but I'm hoping for more pressure too.

Is it OK to stop OMZ tonight?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.