Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help
RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help
That's really your call on the OMZ. Do you think it's helping? If it is, if you were to stop the spray, it may skew your therapy into a wrong turn down Bad Night Alley. Trust me, it's not a good place to visit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave
OMZ definitely helps but shouldn't be used for long terms. That's why I would like to design my CPA settings without using the OMZ. OTC flonase does help and can be used long term so maybe it is enough. It would be best if I could eventually eliminate both.

I think that, since I am not changing any settings for tonight, I'll try just the flonase and skip the OMZ.

I have had my bad nights but I won't know if OMZ is necessary unless I try stopping it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you're smart to skip the OMZ tonight and see how it goes. Raising pressure can increase CAs, so you'll want to hold off on that too until the CAs settle down.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK gotcha on the not for long term. Yes definitely then do time without it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was a bit tough. I felt like I was oxygen starved and it was difficult to inhale. 

The first session looks good (for me).

After I woke up about 3:40, I did not sleep again. My record does look good while I was in bed reading. That was the first part of the second session. When I got tired and stopped reading, I tried to sleep again but was unsuccessful. That part of the record looks quite bad.

I think I need to increase my pressure. These days of borderline sufficient air and increased effort to inhale have taken a toll.

Unless I'm getting COVID...  Thumbs-down-1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, time for plan B. It may be the flow limitations that cause you to feel difficulty in breathing. If that feeling is preventing you from sleeping, we need to change course. We can switch from first getting the CAs down and then addressing the FLs and Hs later to addressing the FLs now and worrying about the CAs later.

So I would recommend that you increase EPR to 2 while raising Min = Max to 8. This is an in-between adjustment; unless it results in horrible CAs or discomfort, you will continue on toward EPR of 3, probably with an increase in pressure as well.

How does this sound?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2020, 11:47 AM)Dormeo Wrote: So I would recommend that you increase EPR to 2 while raising Min = Max to 8.  This is an in-between adjustment; unless it results in horrible CAs or discomfort, you will continue on toward EPR of 3, probably with an increase in pressure as well.

How does this sound?

Wonderful!  Way-to-happy Thumbs-up-2 Thanks like
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that latest OSCAR looks nasty. I understand the new direction proposed by Dormeo, nothing to add or subtract by me. A question though. Do you think the bad nasty looking night was directly caused by not using OMZ? If you think it might, is it worth discussing with doc on safer spray to use long term? Just putting a thought out there for you. Consider this plan C or D. Definitely try everything possible to combat the sleep disrupting aspects with the PAP if at all possible. I myself would rather treat via the machine than a medication. Do update after using the PAP next sleep session.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2020, 01:05 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I myself would rather treat via the machine than a medication.

That's my view as well even though the OMZ definitely helps. I hope that a higher pressure will keep my nasal passages open without the medication.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a chart after use that reflects the setting edit. Best to ya that the next chart is cleaner looking and more inline with restful sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,343 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,426 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.