Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help
RE: Skypony's therapy-time to ask for help
My score is better but my sleep was not. It still is quite an effort to inhale and this disturbs my sleep, especially when first starting to sleep. The last session, I was fully awake and reading.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That looked like a rough night, says Cap'n Obvious. I am about out of ideas, but maybe others have something.

I am not sure if it's better to consider some other PAP machine, as you have CA issues, but I also think you'd mentioned COPD too. Correct me if I have this wrong. I am not certain, but altitudes may have a role to play still. Would EERS help here? Or is this better overall to consider ASV or ST-A?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2020, 02:10 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I am not sure if it's better to consider some other PAP machine, as you have CA issues, but I also think you'd mentioned COPD too. Correct me if I have this wrong. I am not certain, but altitudes may have a role to play still. Would EERS help here? Or is this better overall to consider ASV or ST-A?

I do not have COPD. I do live at 4700 ft elevation.

I'm not very worried about CA's at this time. I believe that they are treatment related and may worry about them later.

I think I need to raise pressure a bit at a time to make my inhalations easier. That should make sleep come easier and last longer. I hope!
Post Reply Post Reply
My mistake on the COPD. Sorry.

Higher elevation does tend to affect CA in some. I can't come up with other setting edits.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Skypony, nothing horrendous happened with the revised settings. Since you're on board with ignoring the CAs for now, why don't you go ahead and raise your pressure to min = max = 8.4. All hell broke loose when you went up to 9, so we want to raise the pressure with a little caution.

Please let us know how that feels to you and post a chart. Then we can consider inching up a little more and/or increasing the EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2020, 05:14 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Skypony, nothing horrendous happened with the revised settings.  Since you're on board with ignoring the CAs for now, why don't you go ahead and raise your pressure to min = max = 8.4.  All hell broke loose when you went up to 9, so we want to raise the pressure with a little caution.

Please let us know how that feels to you and post a chart.  Then we can consider inching up a little more and/or increasing the EPR.

Will do. 8.4-8.4, EPR 2.

I've attached Nov 4 details - back when I was using pressure 9-9, EPR 1. I was also testing different masks and switched after the first session that night. I didn't think it was that awful but I suspect it would be better now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Slept well last night even though the numbers don't agree.

My goals are:
1-best sleep possible
2-best blood oxygenation possible

It would be nice to have low numbers too but these goals are more important to me. I'd still like to pursue low numbers if my sleep is good.

Post Reply Post Reply
As your ca’s seem to be altitude related and were ignoring those for now and there’s nothing your machine can do about them anyway you need an ASV for that, glad you had a good night. Comfort is good. But the number of events concerns me, it would be good for you to have a o2 sensor to see if your 02 saturation is dropping due to the ca’s
Post Reply Post Reply
Jaswilliams, I do have a recording oximeter. I used it once when my pressures were 8-8. My O2 went down to 86 once during that night. Unfortunately, the .csv files it saves don't seem to be compatible with OSCAR. I suspect it is just the first line (column titles) of the files that don't match what OSCAR needs. I could edit that line but I don't know what OSCAR is looking for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Skypony, your goals are clear. I'm glad you got a good night last night. Jaswilliams brings up a good point, and I wonder whether you might invest in an Oscar-compatible O2 monitor. I'm sure you've seen this in Oscar, but just in case:

OSCAR is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters.
(Note: Direct importing from bluetooth models is probably not possible yet)
You may wish to note, other companies, such as Pulox, simply rebadge Contec CMS50's under new names, such as the Pulox PO-200, PO-300, PO-400. These should also work.
It also can read from ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeter .dat files.
Please remember: If you are trying to sync oximetry and CPAP data, please make sure you imported your CPAP sessions first before proceeding!
Important Notes: For OSCAR to be able to locate and read directly from your Oximeter device, you need to ensure the correct device drivers (eg. USB to Serial UART) have been installed on your computer. For more information about this, click here.
Contec CMS50D+ devices do not have an internal clock, and do not record a starting time. If you do not have a CPAP session to link a recording to, you will have to enter the start time manually after the import process is completed.
Even for devices with an internal clock, it is still recommended to get into the habit of starting oximeter records at the same time as CPAP sessions, because CPAP internal clocks tend to drift over time, and not all can be reset easily.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 208 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,432 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.